Help Stacking Disaster

Decorating By wiggler Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 11:24pm by wiggler

wiggler Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:30am
post #1 of 12

icon_cry.gif wondering if I stick them back in upside down will I get away with it ?
Please help . I am desperate

11 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:40am
post #2 of 12

Stick what in upside down? What happened?

awatterson Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:44am
post #3 of 12

What happened?

wiggler Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:46am
post #4 of 12

So sorry I posted half a message , I am so tired . Another one should come through shortly . My brother in laws babys Christening is tomorrow and I have been working hard all day , shattered now . Anyway its my first stacked cake , used wiltin plastic dowels . Tried to cut them with a scissors , obviously broke it !! Then had the wonderful idea of using an electric bread knife ..... or not so wonderful . The edges are really rough . Was wondering if I put them back in upside down would I get away with it ??

awatterson Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:49am
post #5 of 12

Can you sand them down and then wash them? Can you find an Asian market near you and get bubble tea straws? You can cut those with scissors.

wiggler Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:53am
post #6 of 12

Think its too late , Have to stack this now ?
Its 12 45 am here !

awatterson Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 1:00am
post #7 of 12

I am so sorry.

whisperingmadcow Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 1:01am
post #8 of 12

What time is your cake due tomorrow? Maybe you can run to the store and get wooden dowels in the morning? I wouldn't use jagged dowels in case something breaks off in the cake.

CWR41 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 1:07am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggler

used wiltin plastic dowels . Tried to cut them with a scissors , obviously broke it !! Then had the wonderful idea of using an electric bread knife ..... or not so wonderful . The edges are really rough . Was wondering if I put them back in upside down would I get away with it ??

Do they look like these?:
http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E3127EA-475A-BAC0-5F98F056B4A6DC92&killnav=1

If so, they don't break, they bend.

Rough edges won't really hurt anything... as long as they are all the same height, you should be able to cut off the extra rough part with a scissors and use anyway. If they aren't cut to the same height, can you start over again using another rod from the package?

wiggler Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 1:19am
post #10 of 12

Hi all
Thanks for all your help . My husband just came home and used a hacksaw to even things up . Looks ok . We will see tomorrow !!
I will post a pic , I normally dont cause I'm rubbish icon_smile.gif

wiggler Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 2:05am
post #11 of 12

THANKS crq41
The hacksaw my husband brought home seems to be working ok . hopefully when I wake up it will be ok . Thanks for all your help xx icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

wiggler Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 11:24pm
post #12 of 12

Thanks everyone for all your help . My first stacked caked arrived in one piece , no problem . Compared to all the lovely cakes I see here its a bit rough around the edges , but it went down very well !!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%