Knighting Ceremony Help

Decorating By shanienee Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 8:20pm by shanienee

shanienee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanienee Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 12:21am
post #1 of 4

My daughter is getting knighted in Military School in 2 weeks. I have been asked to do the cake for the reception following the ceremony. I need to serve 200 people. Please let me know your thoughts on my idea and any extra information or suggestions you have are greatly appreciated. I will be using the oval pan set.

4-tier cake
4th tier....strawberry with chocolate filling and strawberry cream cheese frosting
3rd tier...chocolate cake with chocolate frosting inside and white chocolate frosting on the outside
2nd tier....red velvet cake with lemon filling and cream cheese frosting on the outside
1st tier....WASC with strawberry cream cheese filling and white chocolate frosting on the outside

The cake will be iced in bc of course. So I need to find some sort of decorations to go on it. HELP!!!!!

3 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 6:24pm
post #2 of 4

I don't know much about knighting in military school, but don't they 'knight' someone by touching a sword on their head? Could you somehow incoporate a sword made of fondant into the decorations? You could do a very 'medieval' theme - goblet for toasting etc...

Congrats to your daughter icon_smile.gif ...and good luck - sounds like a big project!
Please post photos after.

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:21pm
post #3 of 4

If you good at making figures you could make a figure of a cadet being knighted, or crossed swords. Another idea is to make an edible image of the military school's crest, or write out their creed on the cake tiers.

Good Luck.

shanienee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanienee Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 8:20pm
post #4 of 4

I don't have to worry about this now. As I was working on ideas after being asked, another PTSA member ordered the cakes. Kind of bummed out about this, but not going to let it stop me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%