Sugar Flower Pricing

Decorating By YOUnique_Cakes Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 6:21pm by pattycakesnj

YOUnique_Cakes Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 4

I'm getting into making more sugar flower and pretty soon I wanna offer then to my brides. I know I will get better and faster with time but my question is how do most decorators price their flowers? I know each flower is different and some take tons of time and some don't. So do you just have a price per flower or do you charge by the hour? I'm learning to make peony and they are pretty time consuming so lets make that one an example. I have a bride who wants star gazer lilies in September and I will learn them but have no clue what to tell here for price.Would love some feed back on this one. Thanks!!!

3 replies
ptanyer Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 4

I'd like some help on that as well icon_smile.gif Pricing for my cakes I'm pretty settled on, but making sugar flowers is a different thing all together and I'm just not sure how to price them icon_confused.gif

aprilismaius Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 5:25pm
post #3 of 4

here is how i price mine. figure out what your supplies will cost you and decide what you want to be paid for an hourly rate. do a few flowers and see how long each one takes you. then price the flower based on the supplies used and your hourly rate. i price mine by the arrangement or per flower, depending on the design the customer is looking for.

pattycakesnj Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 6:21pm
post #4 of 4

I price mine per flower and each type of flower is priced differently depending on how complicated it is to make

Quote by @%username% on %date%