Do People Generally Like Imbc?

Decorating By Maria925 Updated 4 Mar 2011 , 7:14pm by scp1127

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:00pm
post #1 of 4

I just made my first batch and I am in L-O-V-E with this frosting. It seemed so simple to make and I think I could've eaten a whole bowl of it. It was like silk in my mouth!!! I'm so sick of the shortening based frostings I normally use. But when my husband tried it, he couldn't stand it, said it was too "buttery". I was just curious if you ever get that reaction from people?

I just sent a batch of cupcakes to my daughter's school w/ the IMBC and am curious to see if the office staff is going to say what they thought about it. I know people often don't want to tell you when they don't like something icon_smile.gif

3 replies
scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 4

I never, except for my cream cheese, use a powdered sugar or uncooked icing. I never use shortening. Alone, french, IMBC, and SMBC can taste buttery. I use vanilla bean paste in my icings and usually another flavor on top of that, so the butter is more of a background taste. If someone dislikes butter, the less flavored ones may not be liked. Also, many people like the sweeter taste of powdered sugar icings, so it may not please everyone. But no recipe will be liked by everyone.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:10pm
post #3 of 4

It is a love it or hate it thing. Check out some past posts on the subject.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:14pm
post #4 of 4

By the way, if you are selling it, offer it as a less sweet, true buttercream icing. That way, people will know what to expect.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%