Delivering A 5 Tier Cake...help

Decorating By aviles2005 Updated 5 Mar 2011 , 10:11am by Dayti

aviles2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aviles2005 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 4

I have to Delivering a 5 Tier cake about 7 miles from where I live, in APRIL, It is a buttercream cake with gumpaste flowers cascading down it. I work every saturday a 16 hr shift so my husband delivers all my cakes for me. Well this is a 5 tier cake and Im afraid to deliver it assembled. Should I absolutly not even try it? Would any Stacking system help make this safe? Or should I just call off work? lose out on pay icon_sad.gif but I'll do what i have to to keep this cake standing...

also can anyone refer me to a great stacking system? I was going to try those metal cake stacker things that you can turn upside down, this way i have nothing to worry about with delivery but they are crazy expensive

3 replies
jenniemar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenniemar Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:22pm
post #2 of 4

Everything I have read here promotes the SPS system. I am doing 3 wedding cakes this month and just ordered the system for all of them since they are all going to travel. There are lots of posts on here explaining thsi system and tutorials on how to use it. Do a search. I ordered mine from Oasis Supply and got the CC discount.

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 11:34pm
post #3 of 4

I've delivered 5 tiers assembled with a rod down the middle. Not a problem. Just drive slowly.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 10:11am
post #4 of 4

SPS, and make sure a) it fits in your car heightwise and b) he can carry it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%