Dirt Effect

Decorating By MamaMazz Updated 4 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm by MamaMazz

MamaMazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMazz Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:24am
post #1 of 8

So again I need assistance. I am making a RaceHorse cake and am actually putting the horse on a track and am hoping to get ideas on how to make dirt for the track. Any ideas. Thanks guys!

7 replies
PatricesPieces Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PatricesPieces Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:27am
post #2 of 8

Crushed chocolate cookies or graham crackers.

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:33am
post #3 of 8

I made a construction site cake last weekend. I took chocolate cookies (I think they were chocolate Teddy Grahams), poured them into a large Ziploc bag, and crushed them finely with a rolling pin. Before I put the crushed cookies on the cake, I piped a buttercream dam of the area where I wanted the cookies to be contained. It kept the cookie crumbs from shifting during travel & worked beautifully.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:08am
post #4 of 8

I did the same as cakegirl1973 on my garden cake in my pics. chocolate teddy grahams. the color was perfect.

sugardugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugardugar Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 8

For my beach cake I mixed a little binder (buttercream) with an (undoctored since it was only getting crumbled) box of butter pecan, crumbled, used. I liked that I could texture it without it falling around on my cake since it had a binder.

The excess I made cake balls. icon_razz.gif

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 8

I put a bag of pecan sandies in my food processor for my sand around my treasure chest. Actually, it wasn't the "sandies" but just shortbread cookies.

LaWmn223 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaWmn223 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #7 of 8

Ditto CakeGirl1973 and Icer101....I used teddygrams for the dirt on my halloween cake and it was perfect.

MamaMazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaMazz Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 8

you are all awesome! thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%