Dirt Effect

Decorating By MamaMazz Updated 4 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm by MamaMazz

MamaMazz Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:24am
post #1 of 8

So again I need assistance. I am making a RaceHorse cake and am actually putting the horse on a track and am hoping to get ideas on how to make dirt for the track. Any ideas. Thanks guys!

7 replies
PatricesPieces Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:27am
post #2 of 8

Crushed chocolate cookies or graham crackers.

cakegirl1973 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:33am
post #3 of 8

I made a construction site cake last weekend. I took chocolate cookies (I think they were chocolate Teddy Grahams), poured them into a large Ziploc bag, and crushed them finely with a rolling pin. Before I put the crushed cookies on the cake, I piped a buttercream dam of the area where I wanted the cookies to be contained. It kept the cookie crumbs from shifting during travel & worked beautifully.

icer101 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:08am
post #4 of 8

I did the same as cakegirl1973 on my garden cake in my pics. chocolate teddy grahams. the color was perfect.

sugardugar Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:34pm
post #5 of 8

For my beach cake I mixed a little binder (buttercream) with an (undoctored since it was only getting crumbled) box of butter pecan, crumbled, used. I liked that I could texture it without it falling around on my cake since it had a binder.

The excess I made cake balls. icon_razz.gif

ddaigle Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 8

I put a bag of pecan sandies in my food processor for my sand around my treasure chest. Actually, it wasn't the "sandies" but just shortbread cookies.

LaWmn223 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:48pm
post #7 of 8

Ditto CakeGirl1973 and Icer101....I used teddygrams for the dirt on my halloween cake and it was perfect.

MamaMazz Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 8

you are all awesome! thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%