O_O Any Ideas...

Decorating By sebrina Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 5:09am by cakerookie8915

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 4:20am
post #1 of 6

My idea well has run dry. LOL! I have a bride wanting a wedding cake, this is the info she gave me...

round, 3 tiers, canary yellow with big bold black polka dots or white with black polka dots, some fresh fruit as the decoration like strawberries, raspberries,blackberries cherries, simple and bold, i do not like is 'too busy'
I'm not picky, i wouldn't even mind being surprised with what u come up with from what i described. But really i am not going to be picky about a cake, after all its just cake!
( icon_evil.gif )

But even though 'its just cake' I really do need some help with the design. And to make it more fun. This is gonna be her topper...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58910007@N08/5496203494/

icon_confused.gif I love a challenge but does anyone remember that old kids song? What's Wrong With These Pictures?
One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong.

Keeps playing in my head!!! LOL!

5 replies
madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 4:37am
post #2 of 6

with that topper I am seeing daiseys and tiny polka dots......

LiLChum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LiLChum Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 6

Hi there! Well with that information...I would try and tackle all her requests by doing the yellow cake...perhaps the bottom (and biggest) layer with polka dots...then have the middle tier with no polka dots but a nice black satin ribbon/bow around the edge, and then the top tier with smaller polka dots and the topper.

I don't know...I think the fruit request is over kill with the polka dots and the yellow...unless it is one of those tiered cakes that don't have the pillars in between each layer...then you could sort of drape the fruit around the sides a bit...?

Good luck with it anyways! thumbs_up.gif

TJCanadian Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJCanadian Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 6

The white with black polka dots might work, 3 tiers stacked and then trim and roll all the fruit in sugar to mute the colors and group them like sprays of flowers off center on each tier. Maybe even make a few yellow roses and filler leaves or something to go with the 'spray' of fruit.

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 3:25pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you for all of the ideas! icon_biggrin.gif You guys rally got my creative juices flowing again. Thank you so much!

cakerookie8915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerookie8915 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:09am
post #6 of 6

I picture off-white (to match the topper)with tiny black dots. Blackberries would look nice with this design, the blackberries would go with the rustic feel of the topper. http://www.flickr.com/photos/suziegoombs/2722635969/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%