Cake Camp

Business By annabanana183 Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 10:50pm by Mo-Mo73

annabanana183 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:32pm
post #1 of 2

I have been doing cakes for only a few years, but recently people have started to ask if I can give classes or do a summer camp.

1-My question is does any one of you do that and do I need any additional permits for that.

2-I am planning to supply basic cake decorating kits too so how much do you think I should charge, it'll be 4 hr and 3 days a week for one week only. my cost per child including rent is about $50-$60, if I get 10 kids in each camp.

3-Those of you who have camps if you don't mind how much do you teach.
I am thinking of doing the basic stacking of a cake and covering with fondant and then different techniques to use for decoration, and maybe do a simple sculpted cake, (doll cake or purse cake,) what do you think too much or too little.. icon_eek.gif

I really appreciate all the help,,,thanks icon_smile.gif

1 reply
Mo-Mo73 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:50pm
post #2 of 2

why dont you call around your area and see how much cake classes are going for?? as far as permits...i couldnt tell you anything on that...i guess it would depend on your state and then the area you live in...i took some classes awhile ago and i had to provide all the materials i was going to use for the class...its your time so think that way...just to let you know, the supply store i shop at offers classes anywhere from $25-$65..but they dont supply any tools for you...hope this helps...=)

Quote by @%username% on %date%