Anyone Using Sams Club But-R-Cream These Days?

Baking By cocobean Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 11:05pm by emms73

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 7

Wondering if anyone is using Sams Club But-R-Cream these days. I used it a long time ago when you had to whip it for quite a while before using it to frost your cake. Now it comes pre whipped. Have you noticed that the prewhipped is still pretty firm? Do any of you still take time to whip it in your mixer and add anything to lighten it up?

6 replies
sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 7

I use it often. I don't do anything special to it unless I am flavoring it. It's about a medium consistency. And works well for what I do. icon_smile.gif

Mo-Mo73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mo-Mo73 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:37pm
post #3 of 7

do either one of you know if costco sells a similar product?? i would love to try some if possible???

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:52pm
post #4 of 7

Costco probably has a similar product but I don't know if they sell it. Give them a call. Just so you know the bucket that Sams sells is 28ibs.

Anyone else use the But-R-Creme from Sam's and do you whip it or use straight from the bucket?

Mo-Mo73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mo-Mo73 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:55pm
post #5 of 7

thanks..i will give them a call..=)

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 11:03pm
post #6 of 7

The But-R-Creme comes in a big bucket, always has as far as I know. It's Bettercreme which comes in a carton that has to be whipped, isn't it?

Anyway, I use the Chocolate But-R-Creme straight from the bucket. I don't care for the white.

emms73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emms73 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 11:05pm
post #7 of 7

i used recently but whipped slightly only to color otherwise i used from bucket but i only bought the small one the color was amaryllis the kids loved it and very easy to change the color

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%