Cricut Cupcake Wrappers

Baking By countrycaker Updated 7 Mar 2011 , 3:12pm by countrycaker

countrycaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrycaker Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 6

Anyone tried out the Cricut cartridge that does cupcake wrappers? It looks fun and I'm very tempted to buy! Is it worth the $35?

5 replies
PieceofCake701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCake701 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 6

I got the cake cricuit for Christmas and my sister bought me the cupcake wrapper cartridge and the only issue I had is by the time I got the paper unstuck from the template I ended up with only one wrapper because the paper stuck so bad. I am still learning though and to be honest I am not totally impressed with the whole thing.
Good luck!

countrycaker Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 3:13am
post #3 of 6

So does it make frilly wrappers or what? I guess I could go find one at a craft store and examine it more closely. If everyone who has it just has negative feedback on it, though, I guess I won't spend the money on it. There are already so many toys I want in the caking world I shouldn't start delving into the cupcake world as well. icon_biggrin.gif

PieceofCake701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PieceofCake701 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 3:05pm
post #4 of 6

It makes all sorts of wrappers. It would be really cute and fun if I didn't waste a whole sheet of paper getting one wrapper. I am not a big fan of my cake cricut I would love to have someone sit with me and show me what I'm doing wrong.

I know what you mean....this little hobby of mine is sure an expensive hobby! icon_biggrin.gif

cutiepiecupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutiepiecupcake Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 12:05pm
post #5 of 6

I made some heart wrappers for valentines day using my cricut (see my pics for examples), however, I used MTC and designed my own template. I'm planning on buying more speciality paper and making some more with just a basic scalloped edge for an up and coming order. So much cheaper than buying them pre-made. I worked out that a pack of 12 costs over $15 delivered, whilst I can get two wrappers per piece of paper for just under .50 cents. That's .25 cents per wrapper compared to $1.25 each.

countrycaker Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:12pm
post #6 of 6

Very cute heart wrappers! What is MTC? How did you create your own design for a Cricut?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%