Need To Vent

Decorating By Chala86 Updated 4 Mar 2011 , 5:54pm by cowie

Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 9

Ok, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section but I really need to rant right now. I have just finished designing a cake for a friends birthday. It's an under the sea cake with two dolphins as a topper and more dolphins and waves around the sides. All of the decoration is going to be sugarpaste. Not only do I love how the design came out, I also feel confident in making said cake.

So I showed my partner the designs and he says - oh, well good luck - in that tone of voice that says you'll never be able to do it. And now I feel deflated because my partner has no faith in my ability to recreate this design. He didn't even tell me that he liked the design and, what can I say? I feel seriously disappointed and upset with his reaction and lack of support.

Anyway icon_sad.gif Rant over.

8 replies
EmmyNoah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmmyNoah Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 9

Prove him wrong.

crisseyann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crisseyann Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 9

Agree with Emmy. Knock his socks off!

Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:32pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you... I shall do just that.

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 9

IMHO, they do not know any better. Next time do not even bother showing your design to him/her, then you won't be upset.

This time do as other CC'ers said "prove him wrong"!!!

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 9

I totatlly agree. Prove him wrong. Don't forget to post a pic. Not of the cake, but of your partner eating crow icon_lol.gif

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:17pm
post #7 of 9

Yep, agree with everyone else!

kimmerly1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmerly1966 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:38pm
post #8 of 9

Prove his so wrong!!!!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif and make sure to let us know when you are done so we can marvel at it icon_smile.gif

cowie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowie Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 5:54pm
post #9 of 9

Agreed. You can do it, sounds like you have it all planned out and that is one of the hardest parts. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%