What Is Stronger Gelatin, Royal Icing, Or Chocolate...

Decorating By ltlepaw Updated 4 Mar 2011 , 6:23pm by ltlepaw

ltlepaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ltlepaw Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 5

My neice wants a peace sign and butterfly cake. I have an idea for it, but the cake will travel two hours to get to my neice. My hubby will be driving and I'll be holding the cake in my lap. What is stronger to attach a few peace signs and butterfly's to a cake..gelatin, royal icing, or chocolate? I'd be making the peace signs out of whatever is strongest, and attaching them that way too. I hope that question makes sense!

4 replies
Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 5

I think Gelatin Butterflies will look cool, Can't you make the Peace sign out of Royal Icing or chocolate which ever you feel will look better and then attach them at the location.

I hope you get what I am saying, I would make them out of both chocolate, and royal Icing and see which looks better with the cake and then attach them when i get there.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 7:57pm
post #3 of 5

Are they on the cake or are they on wires or sticks?

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 5

I agree, if possible, attach the delicate items on site. Make a couple versions and use which you like best but bring them all - breakage happens.

Also, you are going to be much better off leveling a seat with some boards or making space on the floor to transport the cake rather than holding it in your lap. That is probably the least safe way to travel with the cake. To keep the cake from sliding, line your transport surface with rubber shelf liner and place cake container on that.

ltlepaw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ltlepaw Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 5

Well, being the 10 year old she is...she's moved on to peace signs and hearts, so I think I'm going to do a gelatin bow instead and do peace signs and hearts w/ royal icing on the cake...course her birthday is in two weeks so it may change by then! But it started out as a peace sign, heart, star, fairy, and butterfly cake, so I'm liking the direction she's heading in!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%