Just Purchased A Silhouette - Have Questions

Decorating By DeniseNH Updated 4 Mar 2011 , 12:34am by tiggy2

DeniseNH Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 12:54pm
post #1 of 3

For those of you thinking about purchasing a Silhouette, I know the end results will be worth it but it's not a plug and play process. There's a lot of learning, reading, trial and error. For those of you who have already installed yours, does the knife blade housing need to be inserted in it's holder facing a certain way or do you just drop it in and lock it into place. There seems to be three programs. One that does not come with Linda McClures package deal called Make The Cut (but you can purchase it for $50 something dollars off of her web site), Robo Master and Silhouette Studio. From what I can understand, Linda's directions are for the Make The Cut System, but the Silhouette Studio program (which is downloadable) is the latest and greatest. It's all so confusing. Just wanted to comment on it for those of you thinking about getting the Silhouette.

2 replies
sharlanet Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 3

Can I just say I'm really jealous! I'm sure there's a learning curve to it but hang in there. It should all be worth it. Keep us posted on the progress and if it is worth it! Sorry I can't help you but it's on the top of my wish list.

tiggy2 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 12:34am
post #3 of 3

I use make the cut so I can cut any design I want. Did you get the silhouette from Linda with her special blade for gumpaste? If so as far as I know it only goes in one way.

Quote by @%username% on %date%