Leaving For School In Just Over A Week...bus. Update

Business By cakenovice2010 Updated 15 Mar 2011 , 1:59pm by MollyMcB

cakenovice2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenovice2010 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:25am
post #1 of 3

I have just over a week before I leave to go to Bonnie Gordon cake school. I'm incredibly nervous that I will be the least experienced student there and will somehow fail. So silly but it's that aspect of going back to school after having been out of school for so many years and this is something completely different for me. I'll be away from my husband and babies two hours away and only home on weekends for six weeks.

I had a building planner come by and do up sketches of my cake studio and give us all of the blueprints, permits required etc... so I've passed those onto the contractor and I will meet with the health department when I return from school for the first go ahead. Hopefully by the end of May it will be completed and I can be up and running in June. icon_smile.gif Very excited about this!

I wish I could find more information on students who have attended and their experience with the six week program there but so far I've only found blogs on classes taken there. Are there any Bonnie Gordon students on here that can give me an idea of what to expect? I do have an info packet & follow the school on FB and Twitter but I'm just curious about a typical day and what the program taught them/how they felt afterwards about what they learned etc..

In the meantime I've done some class cakes and practice cakes for friends and I'm looking forward to doing some wedding cakes and learning tons of new info. Thanks so much to those of you who were so encouraging and have shared so much great info. icon_smile.gif

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:23am
post #2 of 3

I don't have an answer to your question, but I do want to give you some major encouragement, since you're doing what I've been wanting to do for years now (and am finally going to be able to do soon). I looked at your cakes and I think you're very good already, so all I can say is, "You go, girl!" You have the potential to be a spectacular cake decorator, and I wish you every success in both your course work and your business! And even though you're going to be working your little fingers to the bone, or maybe because of it, you'll be surprised how fast six weeks can go by.

MollyMcB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyMcB Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 1:59pm
post #3 of 3

I'm curious how you liked the program. I've just applied for the part time version of the program and, though I'm not even sure if I'm in or not yet as there was only one spot left, I'm nervous about it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%