Rustic Cake With Bling

Decorating By karateka Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 5:25pm by karateka

karateka Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:11am
post #1 of 12

My sister's BFF is getting married, and she needs a shower cake to feed 100. The wedding is rustic (bridesmaids are carrying wooden flowers) but bride to be likes bling.

How can I incorporate both? I originally thought of a tree trunk kind of thing with fairies....but not sure.

11 replies
shaekae81 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 2:38pm
post #2 of 12

Does rustic mean "country" or just "natural" to the bride? Do you have a picture of these wooden flowers? - it would help with inspiration and I'm just curious what that looks like! LOL icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:07pm
post #3 of 12

The link above came under *rustic theme* when i went searching.

Perhaps the wooden flowers with *bling* centers
or you could make flowers in the colour of varying wood shades and again - insert a bling center.

Wood coloured Leaves with some bling dust gently sprinkled over them - perhaps.

Just thinking outloud here - lolllll

Bluehue Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:13pm
post #4 of 12

Oh, now this is truely elegant............Rustic with Bling - LOVE IT

Perhaps this might give you an idea

sillywabbitz Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:26pm
post #5 of 12

The first thing I thought of is the rosette cake that is all the rage on CC right now.

In an ivory color and with ivory or white sugar pearls in the centers. If you wanted to bling it out you could try and do a fondant silver broach in the middle of a few rosettes.

I think it's rustic and elegant at the same time.

shaekae81 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:39pm
post #6 of 12

I absolutely LOVE this one.

the ribbons could have jewels around them....if you don't object to non-edibles on your cakes.

karateka Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 12

Wow, those are all great, thank you!

I wasn't getting my usual emails that there were responses, so I'm sorry I didn't respond earlier.

I don't quite know what rustic means to the bride. I was dealing with the MOH and I don't have pics of the flowers. But those pics help, thank you!

kathie-d Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 8:46pm
post #9 of 12
Originally Posted by shaekae81

I absolutely LOVE this one.

the ribbons could have jewels around them....if you don't object to non-edibles on your cakes.

Oh Boy! Let's not get anyone started on that again! lol Did you read that thread! Cake war will break loose!
And for the record...I think a jewelled ribbon would look lovely as well!

shaekae81 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 6:11pm
post #10 of 12

imagenthatnj - you found some great examples! that 2nd one ( is AMAZING!! It reminds me of my grandmother, yet is elegant and beautiful still. Crazy how she(?) was able to pull that one off!

Kathie-d - LOL I read the beginning of it, figured it was toooooo much drama and didn't finish reading To each their own, man! icon_wink.gif

Karateka - did you decide on a theme? I'd love to see what you come up with!

imagenthatnj Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 6:20pm
post #11 of 12

Aren't those beautiful? The secret is muted bling, I think. Bronze and not-too-shiny golden tones. Otherwise it won't look cohesive. I don't think precious stones and shiny jewels would look too good.

Good luck karateka!

karateka Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:25pm
post #12 of 12

I'm still undecided. I think I found the flowers the bridesmaids are carrying, as my sis said they are from target.

I think they are the faux rose thingie.

Her colors are brown and coral. I'm thinking since she specifically mentioned rhinestones, I'd make a monogram topper with those on it, and do the cake in brown with coral flowers. Still mulling it over, but that's a working idea. I'll def post pics when I'm finished.

Thanks to all who posted. I really appreciate the input! I did search "rustic with bling" but most cakes I found were either rustic or bling, but not both! I guess I'm not great at designing searches.

Quote by @%username% on %date%