Help! Can't Buy My Butter Emulsion Anymore!!!

Decorating By stlcakelady Updated 11 Sep 2013 , 3:06pm by RitaDSB

stlcakelady Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 12

I'm hoping someone can recommend a good butter emulsion flavoring. The formula changed on the one I've bought for years...now it's no good. I really only want the butter smell (not a butter vanilla, etc. combo). I've looked at Sugarcraft and noticed they sell a brand called Kitchen Delight which used to be Flavor Mill in a butter emulsion. Anybody used it before...is it any good? My only other alternative is to try Butavan from them. Any suggestions...so very sad about this.

11 replies
stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 12

Bumping my own post. Can't believe nobody has an opinion on flavoring. Doesn't anybody use them???

KASCARLETT Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 12

I use Watkins butter extract. Has a GREAT butter flavor/smell!

I sell Watkins products, so I guess I'm a little biased, but I love their extracts! All of the ones I have tried are awesome! icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 12

Can't answer because i don't know where you live and whether my answer would help you.

Bluehue.

stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 12

I actually have used Watkins before...nice but the color is a bit strong. Do they sell one that's not so yellow?

stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks Bluehue...I appreciate the thought. I'm in the US...Missouri, but I'm not opposed to mail order.

icer101 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 12

Hi, try this site. I know her and buy her butter flavoring. hth

http://www.lauras-cakes.com/

DebBTX Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 12

Earlene Moore in Lubbock, TX sells emulsions. When you bring up her website, click on the shopping cart bar, then on flavorings.

Is this the brand you were looking for?

-Debbie B.

stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:21pm
post #9 of 12

Thank you Icer!!! I just emailed her.

DebBTX, I've heard about Earline's but I've never tried it. Have you? Is it any good? I'm looking for a STRONG butter smell. Do you know if she makes the stuff? Looking at the containers, it seems as though she manufactures it.

DebBTX Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:36pm
post #10 of 12

I have never used emulsions. I just knew Earlene sold them.

-Debbie B.

KASCARLETT Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:43pm
post #11 of 12

No, but I've never really had a problem with the color of it. They are coming out with a bigger size later this year, but I don't know if it will be the same color or not. As far as I can tell, vanilla "colors" more than the butter does.

But if your buttercream doesn't come out as white as you would like it, you can add a teeny tiny bit of violet color to brighten it. And no, it won't be that color unless you add too much color to it! lol

RitaDSB Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 3:06pm
post #12 of 12

Hi! I saw your post regarding butter emulsion and I am wondering if you have found a suitable replacement.

I, too, had a favorite butter emulsion that the manufacturer stopped making. Following that, the vanilla I used for years stopped being produced. I have found a new combination of flavors, but I am totally open to trying new emulsions.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Rita

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%