Help! Can't Buy My Butter Emulsion Anymore!!!

Decorating By stlcakelady Updated 11 Sep 2013 , 3:06pm by RitaDSB

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 12

I'm hoping someone can recommend a good butter emulsion flavoring. The formula changed on the one I've bought for years...now it's no good. I really only want the butter smell (not a butter vanilla, etc. combo). I've looked at Sugarcraft and noticed they sell a brand called Kitchen Delight which used to be Flavor Mill in a butter emulsion. Anybody used it before...is it any good? My only other alternative is to try Butavan from them. Any suggestions...so very sad about this.

11 replies
stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:17pm
post #2 of 12

Bumping my own post. Can't believe nobody has an opinion on flavoring. Doesn't anybody use them???

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 12

I use Watkins butter extract. Has a GREAT butter flavor/smell!

I sell Watkins products, so I guess I'm a little biased, but I love their extracts! All of the ones I have tried are awesome! icon_biggrin.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:40pm
post #4 of 12

Can't answer because i don't know where you live and whether my answer would help you.

Bluehue.

stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 12

I actually have used Watkins before...nice but the color is a bit strong. Do they sell one that's not so yellow?

stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 12

Thanks Bluehue...I appreciate the thought. I'm in the US...Missouri, but I'm not opposed to mail order.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 12

Hi, try this site. I know her and buy her butter flavoring. hth

http://www.lauras-cakes.com/

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:14pm
post #8 of 12

Earlene Moore in Lubbock, TX sells emulsions. When you bring up her website, click on the shopping cart bar, then on flavorings.

Is this the brand you were looking for?

-Debbie B.

stlcakelady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:21pm
post #9 of 12

Thank you Icer!!! I just emailed her.

DebBTX, I've heard about Earline's but I've never tried it. Have you? Is it any good? I'm looking for a STRONG butter smell. Do you know if she makes the stuff? Looking at the containers, it seems as though she manufactures it.

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:36pm
post #10 of 12

I have never used emulsions. I just knew Earlene sold them.

-Debbie B.

KASCARLETT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KASCARLETT Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 6:43pm
post #11 of 12

No, but I've never really had a problem with the color of it. They are coming out with a bigger size later this year, but I don't know if it will be the same color or not. As far as I can tell, vanilla "colors" more than the butter does.

But if your buttercream doesn't come out as white as you would like it, you can add a teeny tiny bit of violet color to brighten it. And no, it won't be that color unless you add too much color to it! lol

RitaDSB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RitaDSB Posted 11 Sep 2013 , 3:06pm
post #12 of 12

Hi! I saw your post regarding butter emulsion and I am wondering if you have found a suitable replacement.

I, too, had a favorite butter emulsion that the manufacturer stopped making. Following that, the vanilla I used for years stopped being produced. I have found a new combination of flavors, but I am totally open to trying new emulsions.

I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have.

Thanks,

Rita

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%