Help! How Should I Transport 4-Tier Wedding Cake In My Car.

Decorating By Alwayzmakincake Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 10:08am by Alwayzmakincake

Alwayzmakincake Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 4

Hello there,

I will be making a 4-tier wedding cake next month and I do not have an SUV. I would like to use the SPS system. Does anyone have any ideas on how I should do this?

Also, I know that I should have my cake at least 4 inches high so I don't have to cut the dowels on the sps. My friend wants this cake and the second tier from the top is short. What do you think? Just try to cut the pillars/dowels?

http://www.confectionsonthecoast.com/madison/index2.php?v=v1

It's in galleries under Zoe galleries. It's the white cake with yellow dots, blue ribbon and yellow and white rannaculus flowers.

Any advice for both questions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Michele

3 replies
Renaejrk Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 9:06pm
post #2 of 4

First, what kind of vehicle DO you have? That would help to answer this. I have a minivan that I can lay down the back seat, or remove a middle seat so I have a flat surface depending on the size of the cake, etc. I put large cakes on a carrier with handles that my husband built so it is easier to pick up and set down.

Second, I don't use the sps, but if you want the cake to look like the one in the pic you will have to cut the dowels or whatever the sps uses to get them the right height.

leily Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 4

If you're cake is shorter than the 4" you can do a couple of different things. I'm assuming it's 2" tall? So you could get the 9" pillar set up and use the 2" extensions, otherwise you will need to cut the 4" pillars down to the height you need.

As for transporting, i can't carry a 4 tier cake so i transport two tiers and two tiers. With SPS you can stack your bottom two tiers, and then put in the SPS for the third tier before you leave. Once you get onsite Just put the top two tiers on.

Alwayzmakincake Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:08am
post #4 of 4

I have a Hyundai Sonata. The seat will fold down, but not flat enough. I was thinking I could put a big piece of wood across the back seat for a flat surface and transport the whole thing.

Or, use the idea Leily had of two and two. I wonder what would be better. I'm SO nervous.

Thanks for the advice. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%