I Finally Ordered An Airbrush System!

Decorating By love2makecakes Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 1:36pm by love2makecakes

love2makecakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 12

Over the last year or so I would research for days on what airbrush to buy.... When it came down to it there was so many and so many different opinions so I just never ordered.

Today I decided to take the plunge and got the red Airmaster (KopyKake) off Ebay for $175+shipping. Not too bad I guess since it saves a little money from buying new.

Just wanted to share icon_biggrin.gif

Now off to buy some colors to use when I get it!

11 replies
Renaejrk Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 12

Great! Have fun with your new toy!

Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 12

I have that exact model and you will love it!! I have had mine for over 7 years and no problems...

CocoaBlondie Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 12:00am
post #4 of 12

I heard this lady on youtube that bought her airbrush from Micheals. She said she used in along with an old air compressor. Anybody have a take on this? Wondering if I should go with the kopycake or try the cheap route?

Coral3 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:39am
post #5 of 12

Ooh, that's exciting. I'd love one myself, and have my eye on the KopyKake one...the only problem is here in Australia they're about AU$500 - I just can't justify it unfortunately.

love2makecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:55am
post #6 of 12

Just got my machine today! I've ordered my colors, but haven't received them yet though. I played a little bit with water....

Is this thing suppose to have instructions? It was pretty easy to just wing it, but, I wonder if I should know anything special?

I just love getting new toys!!!!!

cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:36am
post #7 of 12

I recently got an airbrush too! Ordered mine from Tcp global. I've tested it, but I am sooo ready to use it on some new cakes. I have so many ideas just running through my head...

The first thing I want to do is the hamburger cake icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 12:15pm
post #8 of 12

Go to howtoairbrush dot com, it has some goo d instructions on airbrushing.

srkmilklady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:11pm
post #9 of 12

love2makecakes...did you get the whole system for $175 plus shipping?? The only red airmaster kopykake I saw for that price on ebay was for the compressor only? To get the one with the airbrush showed $249. I'd love a kopykake, but just didn't feel it was in my price range.

love2makecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:23pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmilklady

love2makecakes...did you get the whole system for $175 plus shipping?? The only red airmaster kopykake I saw for that price on ebay was for the compressor only? To get the one with the airbrush showed $249. I'd love a kopykake, but just didn't feel it was in my price range.

Yep, it was the whole thing and another reason I decided to just to order this time. It was listed as used once so not brand new. The ones you have seen may have been brand new machines.

srkmilklady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:27pm
post #11 of 12

Ok, so I guess I just need to keep checking for a good deal like you got. I'd love one, but don't want to pay the $249. Congrats for getting a great deal! Now if I could just find a good deal on an agbay too!! icon_lol.gif

love2makecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:36pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmilklady

Ok, so I guess I just need to keep checking for a good deal like you got. I'd love one, but don't want to pay the $249. Congrats for getting a great deal! Now if I could just find a good deal on an agbay too!! icon_lol.gif

You may be waiting a long time to find a deal on the Agbay, I can't believe anyone would want to give it up! Ha! My Agbay was one of the first big tools I bought and love it, I would not do without! The customer service at Agbay is awesome too!

Good luck finding your deals! I am always on the lookout myself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%