I Finally Ordered An Airbrush System!

Decorating By love2makecakes Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 1:36pm by love2makecakes

love2makecakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
love2makecakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 3:01pm
post #1 of 12

Over the last year or so I would research for days on what airbrush to buy.... When it came down to it there was so many and so many different opinions so I just never ordered.

Today I decided to take the plunge and got the red Airmaster (KopyKake) off Ebay for $175+shipping. Not too bad I guess since it saves a little money from buying new.

Just wanted to share icon_biggrin.gif

Now off to buy some colors to use when I get it!

11 replies
 Renaejrk  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:35pm
post #2 of 12

Great! Have fun with your new toy!

Kiddiekakes  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 11:38pm
post #3 of 12

I have that exact model and you will love it!! I have had mine for over 7 years and no problems...

CocoaBlondie  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CocoaBlondie Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 12:00am
post #4 of 12

I heard this lady on youtube that bought her airbrush from Micheals. She said she used in along with an old air compressor. Anybody have a take on this? Wondering if I should go with the kopycake or try the cheap route?

Coral3  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 1:39am
post #5 of 12

Ooh, that's exciting. I'd love one myself, and have my eye on the KopyKake one...the only problem is here in Australia they're about AU$500 - I just can't justify it unfortunately.

love2makecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 3:55am
post #6 of 12

Just got my machine today! I've ordered my colors, but haven't received them yet though. I played a little bit with water....

Is this thing suppose to have instructions? It was pretty easy to just wing it, but, I wonder if I should know anything special?

I just love getting new toys!!!!!

cupcakesnbuttercream  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:36am
post #7 of 12

I recently got an airbrush too! Ordered mine from Tcp global. I've tested it, but I am sooo ready to use it on some new cakes. I have so many ideas just running through my head...

The first thing I want to do is the hamburger cake icon_smile.gif

tiggy2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 12:15pm
post #8 of 12

Go to howtoairbrush dot com, it has some goo d instructions on airbrushing.

srkmilklady  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:11pm
post #9 of 12

love2makecakes...did you get the whole system for $175 plus shipping?? The only red airmaster kopykake I saw for that price on ebay was for the compressor only? To get the one with the airbrush showed $249. I'd love a kopykake, but just didn't feel it was in my price range.

love2makecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:23pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmilklady

love2makecakes...did you get the whole system for $175 plus shipping?? The only red airmaster kopykake I saw for that price on ebay was for the compressor only? To get the one with the airbrush showed $249. I'd love a kopykake, but just didn't feel it was in my price range.

Yep, it was the whole thing and another reason I decided to just to order this time. It was listed as used once so not brand new. The ones you have seen may have been brand new machines.

srkmilklady  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srkmilklady Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:27pm
post #11 of 12

Ok, so I guess I just need to keep checking for a good deal like you got. I'd love one, but don't want to pay the $249. Congrats for getting a great deal! Now if I could just find a good deal on an agbay too!! icon_lol.gif

love2makecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:36pm
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmilklady

Ok, so I guess I just need to keep checking for a good deal like you got. I'd love one, but don't want to pay the $249. Congrats for getting a great deal! Now if I could just find a good deal on an agbay too!! icon_lol.gif

You may be waiting a long time to find a deal on the Agbay, I can't believe anyone would want to give it up! Ha! My Agbay was one of the first big tools I bought and love it, I would not do without! The customer service at Agbay is awesome too!

Good luck finding your deals! I am always on the lookout myself!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%