Buying In Bulk

Decorating By bellaudreycakes Updated 2 Mar 2011 , 3:57am by platinumlady

bellaudreycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaudreycakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 3:20am
post #1 of 6

I Know this topic has been brought up before but I am just wondering if you have found to buying powedered sugar and betty crocker cake mix in bulk to save you? Right now I pay 1.18/box of mix and 1.50/2lb bg of pwd sugar. I can't seem to find it any cheaper online buying them in bulk. Anyone else have any luck? If so from where? I just hate going to the grocery store and loading up a whole cart worth of boxed mix and powedered sugar, but if it's the cheapest route than thats what I gotta do icon_smile.gif

5 replies
rochae17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rochae17 Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 3:27am
post #2 of 6

I buy my powdered sugar at Costco, 10x sugar for only $4.50 for a 7 pound bag

shannon100 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannon100 Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 3:33am
post #3 of 6

This may not exactly answer your question, but have you seen the Amazon.com Subscribe and Save program? I was looking around last night, and there were a few box flavors you could by in sets of 12 for less than $1 a box. You save money when you set it up on a subscription, but you can cancel the subscription at any time. If you do the program, it's free shipping! You could set it up to ship every month, 2 months, 3 months, etc. It would at least save you from loading your cart with boxes! (and save a few cents each box!)

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 3:35am
post #4 of 6

We get ours from Wal-Mart for $1.36 for 2 lbs. We checked Costco and found where we are that WM is slightly cheaper. We get our mix from WM too, they have the best price on Duncan Hines in our area.

bellaudreycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellaudreycakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 3:46am
post #5 of 6

Geez the Walmart here is $2/bag and that's for generic brand! I found dollar genealogy had it for 1.50. I will check Amazon and we don't have a Costco around here is that an online store? Thanks!

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 3:57am
post #6 of 6

I get some of my ingredients in bulk. I stopped getting powered sugar @ Sam's because they changed brands. The now offer a gluten free powered sugar but it is not pure cane & does not turn out as good.

I forgot about Costco's I use to have a membership there I may start it up again. I do I save money buying bulk. However, in my Cake Boss software put the price of the grocery store in case I have to do an emergency run

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%