Copy A Sports Logo Onto A Cake?

Decorating By Nebraska Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 4:36am by platinumlady

Nebraska Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 12:00am
post #1 of 7

I see so many examples where you ladies have replicated a sports logo onto the top of a cake. How do you do it & make it look so perfect??!

6 replies
cupadeecakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 1:16am
post #2 of 7

Either edible image or pieces cut from fondant/modeling chocolate.

DeezTreatz Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 2:17am
post #3 of 7

You can also do a frozen Buttercream transfer

http://cakecentral.com/articles/73/how-to-create-a-frozen-buttercream-transfer

or

Pipe by hand:
Print out your image out reverse
Place parchement/wax paper over image -
Outline image with piping gel
Take wax paper and gently smooth piping gel image over cake creating an outline
Use icing to decorate your image - I find the star tip is the best for this

sccandwbfan Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 7

I called a local bakery here to inquire about them printing me some images from the Superbowl and was told that she had to pay trademark fees. Have any of you ever had to do this?

leily Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccandwbfan

I called a local bakery here to inquire about them printing me some images from the Superbowl and was told that she had to pay trademark fees. Have any of you ever had to do this?

i've never heard of having to pay a trademark fee, but most places will turn you down b/c it's illegal to reproduce the image without written permission. Most sport teams have edible images out there already that can be purchased through DecoPac or Bakery Crafts.
A trademark fee makes it sound like she would be getting the permission from the NFL, and i doubt the "fee" would have been cheap if she did get permission.

sccandwbfan Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 3:04am
post #6 of 7

Hmmm, well, it would not surprise me if she was lying. I found out recently that she doesn't really bake anything that she displays in her cases. Oh my, but says, oh, I just baked those today. Thank you for the edible images tip. I will look into that the next time that it comes up.

**adds new tip to long list that I have gotten from the CC members**

Christy

platinumlady Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 4:36am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sccandwbfan

sounds like she said this because she didn't want to print it...instead of just saying no it's a trademark and illegal. I understand her reasoning but just be honest...I have been to places in the past that said I won't do it for ____ different reasons..I can respect the honesty

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%