Cookie Club - March 2011

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 1 Apr 2011 , 1:46pm by bonniebakes

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 7:23pm
post #1 of 52

Hello cookie makers!

Those entries for last months theme were great! As the first poster of dress cookies from February, Rosie2 got to choose this months theme. And the theme for March 2011 is. Easter. That means that ANY cookies you make related to that theme fits Have fun creating!!!

Just to refresh your memory (and for any new members), here are the "guidelines" for the cookie club posts (based on Cake_Princess' original post from a few years ago):

*Anyone can join us any month they choose! We love to have new members! This isnt a contest, just a way to share ideas, be creative, and learn new things related to cookies!!

* The group consensus was that all pictures must be new pictures (and new cookies). Meaning if you have a previous pictures of cookies already in your album (or in the forum) even if it depicts the theme, please do not use them for your entry in the cookie club. The idea of the monthly theme is to get our creative juices/new ideas flowing.

* Please post pictures in this thread (Do not create a separate thread for your pictures). ** in cases where there are technical difficulties with the CC site, it is OK to post your pictures in your photos on CC and put the link in the thread.

* Please wait to post monthly theme cookies to your personal album/ cookie Gallery until after the monthly theme has expired (the end of the month). I know you are anxious for everyone to see your cookies in your album, but keeping the monthly theme creations in only the thread for the entire month helps to increase traffic to the cookie club thread, which will help to keep it going and hopefully get more people interested in taking part. When the month is over, please feel free to post as many pictures as you wish to the galleries. We do love to see pictures!! (** unless technical difficulties prohibit us from attaching pictures directly in the thread)

* Feel free to use any edible medium to decorate your cookies - fondant, royal icing, butter cream etc. The only stipulation is it has to be a medium used in cookie or cake decorating (so no play-doh!). In your post, please let us know about your creation the type of cookie, the medium you used to decorate your cookies, any techniques that you used, etc.

* The purpose of choosing a monthly theme is to have a central theme for everyone participating to follow in order to allow us an opportunity to be creative, try new things, and learn from each other. Please try to follow the monthly theme. If the design choice is not obvious, please let us know why you chose the design you did (for example, if the theme was Music and you made ghost cookies then let us know the connection. Ghost = Phantom and Phantom of the opera > music).

* The theme is chosen at the beginning of each month by the first person to post a picture the previous month. That person should PM Bonniebakes with your theme choice before the month is over so that the new thread can be started on the 1st of the month (or within a day or two from the 1st).

Happy Baking, everyone! I cant wait to see the results!!

51 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 52

Easter! Got it!! Thanks Bonnie! icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:18pm
post #3 of 52

Thank you Bonnie!! icon_smile.gif

VMesser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VMesser Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 10:58pm
post #4 of 52

Just came a cross this post today for February and just had to look for March. I think I'll give it a try. Man those were some beautiful cookies for March. Thanks This seems like so much fun. icon_biggrin.gif

VMesser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VMesser Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 11:01pm
post #5 of 52

P.S. Thanks Rosie2 for choosing a good one that I feel I can do. Plus so I can test out possible cookies for next Month. thumbs_up.gif

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:56am
post #6 of 52

Great theme - now I'm getting excited for Easter already! Time to start thinking of cookie ideas.

Rosie2 Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 52

I allready got my Easter cookie cutters but haven't got time to try them aggghhh icon_cry.gif ...tax season, buuuu icon_sad.gif

RedRoxx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedRoxx Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:06am
post #8 of 52

icon_smile.gif I didn't think I could do one for this theme since I don't really have Easter cookie cutters, however I had a Strawberry Shortcake one I got some time ago from a McDonald's Happy Meal (yes, I get Happy Meals for myself sometimes! icon_razz.gif)

So I made a half batch of NFSC's and used the left over fondant from my cupcake decorations. I made up about two dozen fondant pieces to decorate the cookies, however with the size of the cookies I had a ton more cookies then I had fondant frosting. Which, for me, is OK since my cookie jar was empty anyhow. icon_smile.gif

So here are my Easter Egg Cookies icon_smile.gif
The more I look at them, the more I love them! This, of course is my first time doing this, so I'm rather proud of myself.

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:35am
post #9 of 52

Those are very nice! I love the creative use of the cookie cutter. (We have that cutter, too. Only I have to steal it from my daughter to use it icon_biggrin.gif. )

letsgetcaking Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 4:00pm
post #10 of 52

You are so creative, RedRoxx! I love these!

RedRoxx Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 7:12pm
post #11 of 52

Thanks guys!!!

bonniebakes Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 8:06pm
post #12 of 52

excellent - great use of another cutter, too!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 9:41pm
post #13 of 52

Those are really cute, I love the colors especially. I was thinking, just looking at those cookies, they would make great strawberry cookies too! icon_biggrin.gif

Rosie2 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 5:21pm
post #14 of 52

Those are soooo cute Redroxx, I love them!!!

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 6:16am
post #15 of 52

Redroxx- My daughter got the same cutter in her happymeal.... ands i stole it lol!

mpetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mpetty Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 7:09pm
post #16 of 52

Okay gang - nothing new or creative to offer, but I do finally have a picture I can participate with. These are my first attempt at decorating cookies with RI (we won't even mention my attempt at glace!) and since they're Easter, I thought I'd join in.

TFL

Drat, the photo wouldn't attach, so I'll try to load it to my gallery.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 8:14pm
post #17 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpetty

Okay gang - nothing new or creative to offer, but I do finally have a picture I can participate with. These are my first attempt at decorating cookies with RI (we won't even mention my attempt at glace!) and since they're Easter, I thought I'd join in.

TFL

Drat, the photo wouldn't attach, so I'll try to load it to my gallery.

Here's the link to your picture!
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1971108

They turned out cute!

mpetty Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 8:16pm
post #18 of 52

Thanks so much, and thanks for the link. Doh, I put the cart before the horse and edited my message before uploading the photo. LOL, it's okay to be a newbie! icon_rolleyes.gif

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 4:24am
post #19 of 52

Very cute!

letsgetcaking Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 2:44am
post #20 of 52

Mpetty, those are great Easter cookies! I really love the look of the swirls! I also just added your Pearl Clay Blossoms cake to my favorites. It's beautiful!

RedRoxx Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 5:58am
post #21 of 52

I love the squigglys on the chick! icon_smile.gif I feel like he's wearing a silly sweater. icon_smile.gif

leeyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leeyn Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 9:33am
post #22 of 52

I think I'll give it a try. Man those were some beautiful cookies for March. ..

mpetty Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 1:36pm
post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetcaking

Mpetty, those are great Easter cookies! I really love the look of the swirls! I also just added your Pearl Clay Blossoms cake to my favorites. It's beautiful!

Thanks! I checked out your blog and the dress you did for March's Cookie Club was spectular!

LOL, Redroxx, I never thought of that with the chick; I'll have to remember that for some sweater/hat cookies next winter.

Rosie2 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 5:16pm
post #24 of 52

Cystrial, beautiful cookies!!

cookiemama2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemama2 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 10:56pm
post #25 of 52

Here is something I have wanted to try.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1975586

mpetty Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 11:52pm
post #26 of 52

I love that kind of modern take on Easter - great job!

letsgetcaking Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 3:05am
post #27 of 52

Cookiemama2, those are very cool! I love square cookies, and I like how it looks like the bunnies are peeking into the windows of a house. (At least, that's what it looks like to me.)

letsgetcaking Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 3:06am
post #28 of 52

Cookiemama2, those are very cool! I love square cookies, and I like how it looks like the bunnies are peeking into the windows of a house. (At least, that's what it looks like to me.)

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 10:30pm
post #29 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Cystrial, beautiful cookies!!

Thanks! I haven't posted any pictures on here in forever. I did make a dress cookie in February - but it was for a cake competition in March, so I didn't post it in Feb. Hopefully, one of these days I will get around to making a creative cookie for the cookie of the month. =o)

bonniebakes Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:27pm
post #30 of 52

mpetty and cookiemama2 - those are great! I just love designs with bunnies and chicks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%