Wedding Cakes - A Design Source Magazine - Question!

Decorating By anabelz01 Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 11:31am by Chellescakes

anabelz01 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 10:36am
post #1 of 7

Does anyone possibly UK based have access to one of these magazines? I need to find where they write who made the cover cakes, they site every single cake inside the magazine but can i find the reference for the cover cake anywhere... obviously not lol!

The specific issue i am wanting the source of is issue 29 its a greenish cake with sugar flowers separating the layers with snowflakes on, BUT you dont have to have this issue to help as i cant find the source on any of the magazines and expect they are always in the same place and I am just being incredibly stupid and missing it. It must be somewhere I cant believe they wouldnt source it!

All help would be sooo great!

6 replies
Chellescakes Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 10:59am
post #2 of 7

I will go and see if I have that issue.

Chellescakes Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:02am
post #3 of 7

Cake by Elizabeth Finch

anabelz01 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:08am
post #4 of 7

Thank You!!!!! lol that didnt take you long I must be looking in the wrong place... where did it say that?

Thank u Thank u Thank u!

Chellescakes Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:11am
post #5 of 7

it was at the bottom of the black section , that says Wedding Cakes Team. The page opposite the contents page

anabelz01 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:22am
post #6 of 7

Oh yes i see now - doh! lol Thanks, just looked it up its a £750 + wedding cake... must drop that into conversation when I do something similar out of the kindness of my heart (plus costs for materials etc) for my best mates wedding icon_smile.gif

I do hope they dont want exactly the same tho not sure snowflakes in an august wedding are totally justified!

Chellescakes Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:31am
post #7 of 7

perhaps , some stylised hearts or Blossoms .

Then again I used those same snowflakes , on my christmas cakes here in Australia this year, and we certainly can't justify snow here at Christmas time icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%