Help With A Wedding Cake I Need To Make

Decorating By BakedCT Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 7:55pm by fruitsnack

BakedCT Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 9:32am
post #1 of 7

I need to make this wedding cake next month:

The bride wants a 3tier Dark Chocolate wedding cake with truffles running from the top tier to the bottom tier just on the one side.

Please see the picture attached- im trying to figure out what the icing on this cake is? Ganache or Chocolate paste? which would be the better option for me to use.

I am excited and scared to do this cake.

6 replies
BakedCT Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 9:36am
post #2 of 7

having trouble attaching the picture. Will have to add it to my photos

LisaPeps Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 10:00am
post #3 of 7

I would say it is covered with chocolate fondant. It would be better to use ganache under the chocolate fondant as the tastes would go together better and you get crisper edges too. I would attach the truffles with melted chocolate.

HTH

BakedCT Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 10:04am
post #4 of 7

Thanks Lisa

I also need to give a quote on what a 3 tier one would cost. I think the most expensive thing would be the truffles, as lindt truffles are very expensive here.

That particular picture, in the UK cost 390 (thats the price that was on the website). That price in ZAR would be aprox R4600

Jennifer353 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:54am
post #5 of 7

Do they have to be Lindt truffles or could you make your own? It should work out cheaper that way although truffles do take time to make, and obviously you have to buy good quality chocolate for making them.

BakedCT Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 7:40pm
post #6 of 7

the admin of cc took the picture of the cake in question off of my photo's as they said i cannot post a picture of a cake that is not mine. I never claimed that it was but how else am i suppose to post a picture? the attachments when i post a topic or reply dont seem to work therefore my pics never get put on the forum. is there any other way of uploading a picture that I am asking a question about?

fruitsnack Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 7:55pm
post #7 of 7

You can upload it to a photo sharing site like photobucket and use the img tag to post it here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%