Ashamed To Ask This..i Need A Cheat Flavor For Wilton Fondan

Baking By Buttercream_warrior Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 5:01am by Buttercream_warrior

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 7:30am
post #1 of 5

im going to be in a sitution where im going to have to fly in and do a wedding cake and they are going to have everything ready for me cus of the time constraint..im going to be using the gross wilton fondant..ugh..does anyone know what i could do to make it taste better? maybe melt some white chocoloate in it?? will it do somthing to the texture cus i really need a smooth texture..any help would be great! thanks cakers!

4 replies
platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 7:54am
post #2 of 5

you can knead in some flavoring...I've use the butter flavor a couple of time...but have had the best results when using oil flavors.

sparklynne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sparklynne Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 8:02am
post #3 of 5

I agree.. I have used oil extracts to flavor mine and they came out great and did not mess up the consistency either.. GL HTH

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 1:03pm
post #4 of 5

It must be you have not tasted Wilton lately. We just did a taste here in our home and Wilton did not come in last. Choco-pan, the most expensive came in first. The last place one was Fondx, extremely chemically, and Satin Ice behind that one. It had a chemical smell, but I believe that goes away when exposed to air. Satin Ice is the only one that comes in colors, so I still use it. Fonderific had a buttery taste, but we could tell it was artificial. Then again almost all butter adds a "natural flavoring" (with the exception of organic), so you can take that with a grain of salt.

But Wilton was up there in choices. I get good results when I use it, my wedding cake is all Wilton. There is no chemical smell or taste. And if you price it out, it cost me 5.00 a pound, which is half the price of the other brands. The major drawback? I can only get it in 5 lb boxes. Someday they are going to get smart and start selling it in larger packages.

To answer you question, you can definitely add flavors and it does not change the consistency.

Buttercream_warrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Buttercream_warrior Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 5:01am
post #5 of 5

awesome!! i dont think wilton taste that bad but im used to my own mmf..so im insecure with the wilton now..i thought of the white chocolate after seeing the chocopan..but the price scares me off..i will definatly look for the oils..any suggestions on which oils would be the best for a french vannila cake??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%