101Th Birthday

Decorating By TheBakingNurse Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 2:31pm by TheBakingNurse

TheBakingNurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBakingNurse Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 4:55am
post #1 of 7

So my great grams is turning 101 and I have the honor of making her cake! Since she does not like fondant I thought of doing a basket with bc and some crochet stuff made out of fondant. she does not like chocolate or lemon...any cake flavor ideas? Also I wanted to put a cute birthdate quote on it....any ideas for a 101 birthday quote? Thanks for your help!

6 replies
chantalmin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chantalmin Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 10:35am
post #2 of 7

101? Wow your gran is really amazing.
Well I love the different flavors of cake layered in to one.
Its available here in our mall and the taste is really good. The flavors are chocolate, mocha and strawberry. I just don't know if your gran will like that.

bar stools

Pondhopper1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pondhopper1980 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 7

Are you writing her birthday age on the cake? Just make sure if you do you put 101st not 101th. Good luck with your cake, I bnet it will be a lot of fun to make.

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 7

What about a spice cake? I have to say I love a vanilla cake that uses real vanilla for flavour. Does Grandma like strawberries or raspberries? You can match so many fillings to it.

Have you thought of asking her what cake she liked best when she was a little girl? Or what kind of cake did she have for her wedding? Just a thought.

simplysouthern Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysouthern Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 12:50pm
post #5 of 7

WOW Happy Birthday Gram, thats amazing icon_smile.gif

I know the favorite of most of my older customers is spiced carrot cake. They eat it up icon_smile.gif

Goodluck!

TheBakingNurse Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondhopper1980

Are you writing her birthday age on the cake? Just make sure if you do you put 101st not 101th. Good luck with your cake, I bnet it will be a lot of fun to make.

Ya I realized that was wrong once I re read my post! Oops

TheBakingNurse Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 2:31pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks all really good ideas! She does like strawberry any berry for that matter. The wedding cake flavor is a great idea

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%