Where Can I Buy Jumbo Cupcake Liners For My Shop Wholesale?

Business By izzy0714 Updated 5 Mar 2011 , 8:36pm by izzy0714

izzy0714 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:22am
post #1 of 6

Help! My cupcake shop is opening in a month and we are using the chicago metallic 3 3/8 diameter pans. So our cupcakes are jumbo/muffin size. I can't find much of any wholesale sites that I can find decorative liners for these. The most I saw per site were 5 different styles. Does anyone know of a wholesale or inexpensive site that has a large variety of muffin size wrappers/liners? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

5 replies
leah_s Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 6

I checked my usual suppliers. nada. Holy crap that's a ginormous cupcake. The Texas size is 2.25 inches across at the bottom. So you're gonna have to charge like $6 each for those things, right?

Kiddiekakes Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 4:48pm
post #3 of 6

Ditto Leah_s...I was thinking the same thing....Why such a large cupcake Izzy0714? Me as a Mom won't buy one of my kids a size like that as it would be too big and they wouldn't eat it all....Will you offer another size also?

jason_kraft Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 6

I doubt you're going to find decorative liners that fit a cupcake with a 3" base diameter, and if you do they will probably be specialty items that cost an arm and a leg. You may be able to find white liners in bulk at your local restaurant supply store, but even then your cupcakes are way bigger than even jumbo cupcakes so they may not carry them.

Does your business plan really show a market for cupcakes that big? We started out offering jumbo cupcakes (we're a custom order shop only) but they were a pain and very few people ordered them.

homebasedbaking Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 4:05am
post #5 of 6

Check out Novacart. http://www.novacartusa.com/
They did send out samples 3-4 years ago, not sure they still do. They are a bit pricey but the lines are quite attractive, depending on which type you select.

izzy0714 Posted 5 Mar 2011 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 6

I am sorry. I think I confused everyone. My cupcakes are the size of Crumbs cupcakes for example. I think the liner size that I am looking for have a 2 1/2" bottom. Sorry for the confusion!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%