Rkt Monkey Cake...ugh!! :(

Decorating By peacelovecakes Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 8:55pm by cabecakes

peacelovecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacelovecakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 5

I had a 2 tier cake for a 1st birthday that I did this weekend and the monkey started falling off the cake an smashing it in...I thought it wouldn't weigh it down since rkt are so light but I guess maybe it needed a card board base to sit on...it had a dowel rod though it. it was suppose to have brown hair as well but fell over as I was about to put it on the cake so I had to wash it off and leave him pink even though all his accessories were brown...Also I had a problem with my polka dots sliding down the cake...I am new to mmf so maybe that's it but I have never had a problem with that! Everyone said it was amazing but It was a huge disaster to me.

4 replies
LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 5

Throw something? icon_cry.gif

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:57pm
post #3 of 5

it's frustrating,i know,but we learn from our mistakes. just keep trying! i usually use a cake board cut down to size if have a rkt structure to put on top of my cake. rkt can be heavy depending on how big your structure is.
i also use a couple of dowels underneath it to support the weight of the rkt's.

peacelovecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacelovecakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenLuLu

Throw something? icon_cry.gif

I so wanted to! I freaked out! icon_sad.gif Not to Thrilled but I will try again!

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 8:55pm
post #5 of 5

I try not to underestimate the weight of things on cake. I did once icon_sad.gif. I usually put a piece of cardboard and plastic cake supports under it or some dowels depending on how big it is. Better to be safe then sorry. Sorry this happened to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%