Label Printing/packaging

Decorating By EvMarie Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 3:47am by EvMarie

EvMarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EvMarie Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 8

My packaging is a bit weak for my specialty cookies...and I think what's missing is a professionally printed label. Anyone have any nuggets of information regarding purchase of professionally printed labels? Online companies, office supply chain stores, indie companies???? What is best?

Also - does anyone use a cardstock type label? And where do you choose to get that printed???

Thanks for your input!

7 replies
cab333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cab333 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 8

I just ordered labels from Etsy...I love that site!! If you haven't heard of it, be aware - its addicting!
www.etsy.com

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 8

I buy 2"x4" Avery mailing labels from Staples and use Avery's Word template to design my own labels, then print them on a color laser printer. Most printers handle card stock as well if you wanted to that route, but we've never used anything other than mailing labels.

yanci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yanci Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 8

Hi,

I very good source for printed materials is Vistaprint.com. I order my labels there. You can upload your own designs or use one of there templates. Hope this helps!

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 8

I have used Vista print as well much with success. But I have also designed and printed my own. I'm a freak with Microsoft Publisher and have no trouble designing professional labels, any size I want, with my logo etc. They look great and the only cost is the box of labels and a little ink.

EvMarie Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone. I've done the 2x4 labels as well. And, I do like to design my own things. I don't have Publisher. But, I have a few basic programs. Maybe I should just continue experimenting until I find the right thing. I'm spread a little thin...so maybe just concentrating on ONE thing at a time will get me the perfect result

And, I will for sure look more into Vista print. Keep hearing about them. Thanks again for the ideas!

homebasedbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homebasedbaking Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 2:40am
post #7 of 8

Check out My Own Labels.com they also offer tags and you can put recipes on your products and they do labels for cellophane bags.

http://www.myownlabels.com/food-craft_labels/

EvMarie Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:47am
post #8 of 8

That looks like a neat site! Thanks. Great option!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%