Label Printing/packaging

Decorating By EvMarie Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 3:47am by EvMarie

EvMarie Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:04pm
post #1 of 8

My packaging is a bit weak for my specialty cookies...and I think what's missing is a professionally printed label. Anyone have any nuggets of information regarding purchase of professionally printed labels? Online companies, office supply chain stores, indie companies???? What is best?

Also - does anyone use a cardstock type label? And where do you choose to get that printed???

Thanks for your input!

7 replies
cab333 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:25pm
post #2 of 8

I just ordered labels from Etsy...I love that site!! If you haven't heard of it, be aware - its addicting!
www.etsy.com

jason_kraft Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 8

I buy 2"x4" Avery mailing labels from Staples and use Avery's Word template to design my own labels, then print them on a color laser printer. Most printers handle card stock as well if you wanted to that route, but we've never used anything other than mailing labels.

yanci Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 8

Hi,

I very good source for printed materials is Vistaprint.com. I order my labels there. You can upload your own designs or use one of there templates. Hope this helps!

elliespartycake Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 8

I have used Vista print as well much with success. But I have also designed and printed my own. I'm a freak with Microsoft Publisher and have no trouble designing professional labels, any size I want, with my logo etc. They look great and the only cost is the box of labels and a little ink.

EvMarie Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:10pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone. I've done the 2x4 labels as well. And, I do like to design my own things. I don't have Publisher. But, I have a few basic programs. Maybe I should just continue experimenting until I find the right thing. I'm spread a little thin...so maybe just concentrating on ONE thing at a time will get me the perfect result

And, I will for sure look more into Vista print. Keep hearing about them. Thanks again for the ideas!

homebasedbaking Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 2:40am
post #7 of 8

Check out My Own Labels.com they also offer tags and you can put recipes on your products and they do labels for cellophane bags.

http://www.myownlabels.com/food-craft_labels/

EvMarie Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:47am
post #8 of 8

That looks like a neat site! Thanks. Great option!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%