Ruffle Cake Help

Decorating By Niki11784 Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 5:08pm by Niki11784

Niki11784 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 3

Hi, I know you should use the #103 Ateco tip, but do you think it would come out ok if I use the #61 Ateco tip?

2 replies
Unlimited Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:02pm
post #2 of 3

It would work, but you should practice with it first to find out if you're comfortable with that tip and get the results you're looking for.

Tip #61 is a petal tip (for petals, ruffles, drapes, swags, and bows), but it's curved. It might take some practicing to make up for the extra curve and you might try it both ways (ruffling with the small opening on top, then try it with the large opening on top). I think you'll discover what's best for your application depending on where the piping will gosmall opening for upright ruffle, large opening for downward ruffle (as in swags or garlands). HTH.

Niki11784 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:08pm
post #3 of 3

thanks, i'll give it a try

Quote by @%username% on %date%