Straight Edge Cupcake Pans..not Fluted..where To Buy?

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 6:10pm by imagenthatnj

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 6

Where would one buy a 12 or 24 cupcake pan that has straight sides so the cupcake doesn't come out short and squatty.I was watching cupcake wars last night and each contestants cupcakes where really tall with straight sides and not short and squatty like the pans you buy at Walmart etc...I would like to purchase a few...

Anyone know of any online restaraunt supply stores..?

Thanks thumbs_up.gif

5 replies
leah_s Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 4:41pm
post #2 of 6

I think it's more a function of the paper rather than the pan. Some use a 3 or 4 oz nut cup. Those are straight.

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 4:43pm
post #3 of 6

Really...So I can get that effect using a larger cupcake liner...what would you suggest?Where would one get them..probably anywhere I would guess...

ibmoser Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 6

Melvira uses a 4oz nut cup to make a standard size cupcake. Check out this thread:

and there are several other threads about using the nut cups from a couple of years ago. Wilton sells several sizes of nut cups as do many baking supply companies. You could try the readily-available Wilton ones to see if it works for you.

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:55pm
post #5 of 6

Yes..I have seen the nut cups but I don't like them as they remind me of taking medication in the hospital as that is what they give you medication in....I was hoping for maybe a larger cupcake liner...

imagenthatnj Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 6:10pm
post #6 of 6

Kiddiekakes, the standard height in the liners is usually 1 1/4.

There are a few companies that make 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" in height cupcake liners.

This is the link for global sugar art. I bought a lot of different designs one day and found out that not all of them were the same height. I didn't pay attention.

Quote by @%username% on %date%