First Customer Complaint Today :(

Decorating By CakeMama625 Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 10:25pm by lynn1968

CakeMama625 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:12am
post #1 of 10

I know it's not possible to have a 100% satisfied customer base, but I sure try. Today a customer that picked up a project that I was VERY happy with told me that she was very disappointed. I know it's expected but it's hard to hear. I'm kinda bummed.

9 replies
Corrie76 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:19am
post #2 of 10

was this for your baby shower cupcakes? they are very adorable, the cake is perfect too....so sorry this customer didn't feel the same! (((hugs))) to you.

Sorelle Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:20am
post #3 of 10

I'm sorry, try not to let it make you crazy, and definitely don't lose any sleep over it.
We really can't "...please all the people all the time." If you were happy with it, it was probably an issue of "taste" (no pun intended) we all have different ideas of what is good especially where art is concerned and food too. Be good to yourself and don't beat yourself up.

CakeMama625 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 9:00am
post #4 of 10

It was the baby shower cakes/cupcakes. Idk what the deal was, I emailed her back to find out but haven't heard back. I won't be losing sleep over it, I am very proud of that order. icon_smile.gif

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 1:59pm
post #5 of 10

Well the cake and cupcakes are lovely..Love the color scheme.Maybe she was expecting more embellishments on the cupcakes etc...But really they are cute!!

KSMill Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:28pm
post #6 of 10

Your cupcake display & cake are adorable!

Sorelle Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:31pm
post #7 of 10

Oh thats just crazy! Those are lovely, now that I know what they look like she was probably hoping you'd give her a discount what a nut! Some people!

CakeMama625 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 9:54pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone! You all make me feel so much better! icon_smile.gif I have a feeling she's not going to respond. Oh well, I tried.

AFBarbie Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:08pm
post #9 of 10

The cake and cupcakes are beautiful. Don't let it worry you at all. You did a great job.

lynn1968 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:25pm
post #10 of 10

unless you gave her the distinct impression that the cupcake decorations would be some elaborate deal, i don't know what there is to say about her not liking it other than she's a loon.

i'm 100% convinced some people are trying to rip-off business owners, as if we're somehow clueless rubes and this is our first week of business. had a woman call my wife for a plaque today and she quoted her the usual price of $25 for what she wanted, then the woman had the nerve to tell her in a pissy huff that the place she always had gone to up the road (now out of business) sold them for $8. puh-leeze. the materials cost more than that, lady. not to mention that that place used to outsource their engraving to us and *we'd* have charged them $5 for just the plate, so i find it highly unlikely that the place she got them from sold them for $3. that's one of those times you wish you could reach through the phone and smack them. that's just an example of how some people think that simply by complaining that they'll get something back or for free. and it doesn't work in my store, and it shouldn't work in anyone else's, either, imo.

you did the right thing in following through on a complaint. if her grievance has any merit, sure, make it right, but otherwise i'd say if she doesn't respond then it's bogus. those cakes were cute, on a cute stand, and had a nice bow on top. what did she think she was buying anyway?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%