How Do I Do This On Cupcakes?

Baking By SweetSouthernBakery Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 5:47pm by fiddlesticks

SweetSouthernBakery Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 1:31am
post #1 of 10

Hey I'm trying to figure out how to ice a cupcake like this and can't quite figure how and what tip it is. Can someone help me?

Thanks icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
ShandraB Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 1:47am
post #2 of 10

They are cute! I would love to know also.

Jennifer1970 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 1:54am
post #3 of 10

Use a huge star tip, I'm not sure of the number, but they're bigger than the normal tips.

mom2twogrlz Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:15am
post #4 of 10

I don't know what it is called, but it is similar to a star tip. Except the teeth are smaller and there are more of them. And the teeth are open, rather than closed down. I have one, but it isn't Wilton so I don't know the number. Sorry.

misscrazy4cakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:15am
post #5 of 10

french star tip. Probably an 8B from wilton, or large french star from ateco, perhaps french star size 8. Hope that helps.

Kitagrl Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:16am
post #7 of 10

Its a large star tip with lots of points....I have an Ateco 869 that would do it.

kimkake Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:40am
post #8 of 10

I achieve that look with tip 32 on mini cupcakes - larger star for
full size cupcakes.

SweetSouthernBakery Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:41am
post #9 of 10

Thanks everyone for all the ideas.

fiddlesticks Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:47pm
post #10 of 10

The 1M tip maybe ?

Quote by @%username% on %date%