Handles On Pot Of Gold Cupcakes?

Decorating By cakesrock Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 11:33am by Jennifer353

cakesrock Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 1:19am
post #1 of 4

I'm making pot of gold cupcakes and want to put handles on the cupcakes, as a pot of gold would look. They need to be dark colored, as the cupcakes are dark chocolate.
I don't want to make a zillion fondant handles with my extruder. I'm doing 42 cupcakes, so that would be nuts! I thought of licorice strings, but if you have any other ideas for what I can use, I would appreciate it!
TIA icon_smile.gif

3 replies
jen9936 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 1:48am
post #2 of 4

Maybe you could use chocolate covered pretzels. Use a sharp knife to cut the "curves" off on each side of the pretzel, that way you could get two handles from each one. You can usually buy bags of them fairly cheaply at any grocery store, you wouldn't have to make them yourself unless you wanted.

cakesrock Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 1:50am
post #3 of 4

Wow - great idea! Would have never thought of that!

Jennifer353 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 11:33am
post #4 of 4

Pipe melted chocolate onto paper and when they are set put them on the edge of the cupcakes? I know you would have to pipe them individually but once you got in the swing of it it should be fairly quick and you can do them in advance?
Pretzels are a good idea but if they dont work for some reason this could be an alternative!

Quote by @%username% on %date%