Seashell Mold Question

Decorating By ALR1955 Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 3:37am by ALR1955

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 6

I have a seashell wedding cake coming up in May. What molds are you using for the coral and starfish?

5 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:18pm
post #2 of 6

You can buy a starfish mold from www.jenniferdontz.com . Coral you can do free form by dipping them into white round sprinkles. It gives a realistic look to them! You can also use silicone putty and make your own molds using silicone putty from make your own molds.com. I bought a bag of seashells from Walmart and picked out what I wanted and made a bunch of them. Worked awesome! Especially for snail shells!

mburkett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mburkett Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:19pm
post #3 of 6

I'm working on one for a friend and I'm using white chocolate with candy molds for the shells and starfish then painting them with luster dust. Not doing coral so can't help you there. (Actually going to do some experimenting this afternoon. HTH

kello Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kello Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 6

I did a sea shell cake and cupcakes. (in my pics) I used white chocolate and hand painted them with luster and petal dusts. I used molds I purchased and ones I made. I made fan coral by using an image and covering it with waxed paper and tracing the lines with melted chocolate.
You can use poured sugar over ice for a neat coral effect as well. There is also a coral mold.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 9:43pm
post #5 of 6

the cheap chocolate molds works great for any of this.

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 3:37am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%