Where Do You Get Bubble Tea Straws? Cardboard Dowels?

Decorating By SweetTater Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 5:57am by corpsequeen

SweetTater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTater Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 5:58pm
post #1 of 8

For those of you who use these, where is the best place to find them? I found bubble straws on ebay, but was wondering if any local stores usually carry them. I also watched edna's youtube video on stacking cakes and she has a link to ladymaryateco.com to get the cardboard dowels. Do you know of any other place to get these as well. Thanks so much!

7 replies
KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 6:08pm
post #2 of 8

I got a HUGE bag at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They were in the gadget aisle & labeled as "milkshake straws". I think they were $2.

I've also found them on Amazon but then you have the whole shipping cost thing to deal with.

HTH
Kristy

mysweetsugar75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetsugar75 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 6:35pm
post #3 of 8

try an oriental grocery store for the bubble tea straws, that's where I purchased mine for $1 for a large bag. I love those things!

robyndmy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robyndmy Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 6:41pm
post #4 of 8

I've never used dowels, but I get bubble tea straws from the local Asian grocer as well. They're cheap, wide and sturdy, and sometimes you can colour match them with your cake, haha!

SweetTater Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetTater Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 4:53am
post #5 of 8

thanks so much!

Glory0523 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Glory0523 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:23am
post #6 of 8

Wow...I checked Amazon and the vendors won't ship to alaska, so I've never bought any... but checking at the Asian food store and Bed Bath and Beyond is an inspired idea!! Shopping excursion tomorrow!! I've been using regular straws and inserting a sucker stick to keep moisture from getting to the popsicle sticks...works well but I would REALLY like to try to Bubble straws after hearing such good things about them!

Britt-K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Britt-K Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:55am
post #7 of 8

I order mine off ebay and they're really cheap. I only use them for 2-tiered cakes that aren't very heavy. For wedding cakes I use the thicker plastic dowels.

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:57am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ62798

I got a HUGE bag at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They were in the gadget aisle & labeled as "milkshake straws". I think they were $2.

I've also found them on Amazon but then you have the whole shipping cost thing to deal with.

HTH
Kristy

I also got the large $2 bag from bed bath and beyond icon_smile.gif great deal and they are fun colors :p

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%