Blog?

Lounge By classiccake Updated 16 Jun 2011 , 4:48pm by Cupcations

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 8:07pm
post #31 of 52

I started my blog a couple of months ago. I just wanted a place to share all the new things I was learning to make it easier for new cakers like me. I may not always get it right, but I try to make corrections when I discover I am wrong. I let everyone know I am fairly new to this whole gig, and I am just sharing the new things I'm discovering. You can find me at www.cakenewbies.blogspot.com

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 8:10pm
post #32 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

I started my blog a couple of months ago. I just wanted a place to share all the new things I was learning to make it easier for new cakers like me. I may not always get it right, but I try to make corrections when I discover I am wrong. I let everyone know I am fairly new to this whole gig, and I am just sharing the new things I'm discovering. You can find me at www.cakenewbies.blogspot.com

Cabecakes, your blog looks just like mine!! icon_lol.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 10:43pm
post #33 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcee

For me, the blog is another creative outlet and just for fun. I don't use it for marketing or business since I don't have a business icon_smile.gif. I have some followers and regular readers. I've made a couple of "email pals" as a result of it.

same here. I started one because I had all of these ideas and info oin my head and just couldn't get it organized enough to write it down. I love to write and the blog helped me organize my thoughts. So I not only started a business and wedding info blog, but also started a personal writing one, as an outlet for the creative side. Even my hubby has one, focusing on where old sayings got started! (Wow, will you be surprised at where "God willing and the Creek don't rise!" really came from!)

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 7 Mar 2011 , 3:52am
post #34 of 52

Wow! I have been looking at all your blogs. Wow!
You have recruited me as a follower. Thanks.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 4:53pm
post #35 of 52

Indydebi, I would like that old saying blog address. It sounds really interesting. I like reading about stuff like that.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:20pm
post #36 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

Indydebi, I would like that old saying blog address. It sounds really interesting. I like reading about stuff like that.

Hubby's blog! icon_smile.gif

adventuregal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adventuregal Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 9:16pm
post #37 of 52

I think you should go for it thumbs_up.gif I love reading alot of the blogs mentioned already and I just started my own at truffletramp.blogspot.com
I started one about a year ago and couldn't maintain it at the time...so I wanted a new start. It's definitely good to have a few posts ideas outlined before you begin so you're set for a few weeks icon_smile.gif

loveattraction Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveattraction Posted 30 May 2011 , 7:39am
post #38 of 52

I have lots of people that I am following just for inspiration, its really fun =]

Mines is lets-cake-out.blogspot.com

=]

thecakeblog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakeblog Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 12:36pm
post #39 of 52

So many great blogs! I love looking through all of them!

My main activity now is my blog, Half Baked. I used to own a specialty cake shop but had to close when we moved for my husband's job. Now I blog daily, featuring creations from other talented cake designers! It's a fun way to stay active and get my cake fix!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 7:53pm
post #40 of 52

halfbaked...
Just checked out your blog...LOVE it!

thecakeblog Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 9:39pm
post #41 of 52

Thanks classiccake! Love the engagement story on your blog! Such pretty cakes as well!

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 9:49pm
post #42 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecakeblog

Thanks classiccake! Love the engagement story on your blog! Such pretty cakes as well!

Awww the story is so cute & romantic, glad everything worked out for them icon_biggrin.gif

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 1 Jun 2011 , 10:15pm
post #43 of 52

Half-baked- I love checking out your blog!

thecakeblog Posted 2 Jun 2011 , 1:43am
post #44 of 52

Thanks for stopping by sweeteats! The cookout cookies on your blog are too cute!

n_jean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
n_jean Posted 3 Jun 2011 , 8:03am
post #45 of 52

Mine is nothing compared to most of you!! But it's not only about my baking adventures but about my family so just by-pass that if you dont care icon_wink.gif http://www.deters-blog.blogspot.com/ icon_biggrin.gif

Sara_Bee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sara_Bee Posted 14 Jun 2011 , 2:01am
post #46 of 52

Blogging is something I can talk about! I've maintained my blog for about five years now. It's what you would call a mommy blog and I USED to be very good about updating regularly. Until the cake bug hit. Now my nights are usually filled with fondant and gumpaste. icon_smile.gif In any case, if you want to check it out, it's http://saraplayshouse.com
I'm in the process of starting a cake blog--it's actually being designed as we speak. That one will live at http://totallysweetcakes.com once it's all done.
LOVE looking at everyone else's blogs!

CAC74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CAC74 Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 4:20pm
post #47 of 52

Funny that I came across this post, b/c I was just thinking of starting a blog. I have been considering starting a blog for awhile now, just to follow my journey as a newbie baker. But, also, on another level, I'm a stay at home mom, and my husband works out of town, so I need the flexibility to be available to my kids. (ie... taking to and from school, picking up from daycare on time, etc....) Which kind of limits my job opportunities. Some have suggested that I start a website. I know there are people out there that make money off of their websites. My question to you all is... do you do your blogs for fun as well as to make money? Or is it just purely fun. I'm going to create one either way... just wondering if there is a way to get the best of both worlds, and if there is... I don't even know where to start. Thanks cakers for your input!! icon_wink.gif

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 10:32pm
post #48 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC74

I know there are people out there that make money off of their websites. My question to you all is... do you do your blogs for fun as well as to make money? Or is it just purely fun. I'm going to create one either way... just wondering if there is a way to get the best of both worlds, and if there is... I don't even know where to start. Thanks cakers for your input!! icon_wink.gif

Hi, I do mine just for fun and as another creative outlet. I highly doubt if anyone except the really big blogs (think Cake Wrecks, Bakerella, etc.) make any money from them. Unless there's some secret I don't know about tapedshut.gif the way it works is you put ads on your blog and get paid for number of hits to the ad. I think you have to have a LOT of hits before you start making any money. I know I never click on ads when reading blogs, and I have about 12-15 on my reading list.

Be sure to post your blog here when it's up so we can see it!

Cupcations Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 10:42pm
post #49 of 52

Yup me too 100% fun lol & ofcourse showing off bwahahaha icon_twisted.gif jk
I find it a very nice way to meet friends & actually the only place where you
can write the stories of your creations.... IMO

Nowadays you can post pics all over the web from Facebook to Flickr even here on CC... But you cant talk about your personal experience & your story/lesson behind each cake/cupcake you bake..

I dont think I have any locals on my blog (highly doubt it) but indeed I met a lot of friends, friends who inspire & encourage me and whom I'd like to thank icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jun 2011 , 11:12pm
post #50 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAC74

I know there are people out there that make money off of their websites. My question to you all is... do you do your blogs for fun as well as to make money? Or is it just purely fun. I'm going to create one either way... just wondering if there is a way to get the best of both worlds, and if there is... I don't even know where to start. Thanks cakers for your input!! icon_wink.gif

My website is strictly an online gallery for customers to get an idea of the kind of work I do. It saves me from having to lug my books all over town and they can look at their leisure. I pay for the website.

My blog is for fun. I don't pay anything to do it and I profile book and cake toys, do sugar tutorials and spotlight sugar artists from time to time. It's more of an online hobby you might say. I enjoy it a lot.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 4:08pm
post #51 of 52

Cupcations, I enjoy your blog. I mostly come across it because your page fits a search. I tend to be pretty specific in my searches so we must have some of the same writing habits. But it is one of the few I recognize and I always spend some time reading other posts while I'm there. I'm usually looking for a paritcular method... to validate that what I am going to do has been done successfully by someone else. So it makes sense that my searches often lead to your blog now that I see that your approach is the method and the story. Thanks for the great posts. Susan

Cupcations Posted 16 Jun 2011 , 4:48pm
post #52 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by scp1127

Cupcations, I enjoy your blog. I mostly come across it because your page fits a search. I tend to be pretty specific in my searches so we must have some of the same writing habits. But it is one of the few I recognize and I always spend some time reading other posts while I'm there. I'm usually looking for a paritcular method... to validate that what I am going to do has been done successfully by someone else. So it makes sense that my searches often lead to your blog now that I see that your approach is the method and the story. Thanks for the great posts. Susan

Thank you Susan for your kind words & i'm glad you like my posts icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%