Baseball Cap?

Decorating By Sarah2418 Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 10:20am by Marianna46

Sarah2418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah2418 Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 11:12pm
post #1 of 5

I want to learn how to do a baseball cap, I know you use 1/2 of the ball pan but what else do I need, and what all do I do? Thanks

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 11:36pm
post #2 of 5

First off, get a cap like the one you want to make (or a picture, but a real one would be better). You need a brim, which I would make out of gumpaste colored the same color as the fondant that you'll be covering the cap itself in, plus a little gumpaste button for the top of the cap where the seams come together. After you cover the crown of the cap in fondant, you can impress the different sections of the cap with a knife (just don't cut all the way through the fondant). Put the brim where it goes in relation to the crown. Then take one of those little wheels that make stitch markings and put in the stitching where you see it on the cap and the brim. Depending on the what the team logo looks like, you could make it out of gumpaste or make a frozen buttercream transfer or pipe it directly onto the cap where it's supposed to go. HTH!

Sarah2418 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sarah2418 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:29am
post #3 of 5

What about the 6 inch round cake does that need to sit under the half of the ball pan?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:50am
post #4 of 5
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:20am
post #5 of 5

Great thread! The both sets of directions are very explicit and the photos are tops! Thanks for finding it for us, bobwonderbuns!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%