I Need To Break Up...with My Hair Dresser..feeling Guilty

Lounge By Kellbella Updated 27 Feb 2011 , 4:03am by Kellbella

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 2:48am
post #1 of 6

For almost 7 years, I have been going to the same stylist. She's a friend fo my sister and is sweet as cotton candy, but lately she's just not cutting my hair like I want. In the beginning, I guess I really didn't mind, or care if it didn't turn out like I wanted, I thought she'll do better next time. But next time came and still left disappointed. I hate confrontations and usually would just just grin and bear it. I feel like I'm betraying her by going to someone else icon_cry.gif but the time has come to end the relationship. Any advice on how to do this? Should I just quit going to her or talk to her about it? I guess it wouldn't bother me so much if she weren't a friend of my sister. icon_redface.gif

5 replies
justducky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justducky Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 6

Although you feel she is a friend of your sister, it is still a business relationship. You ae paying for a service. If you do not feel you are receiving the sevice you are paying for, time to move on.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 6

You mean you're not telling her what you want and don't want? So, you're not satisfied with her mind-reading skills? Of course you're going to get the same haircut each time. You've given her no reason to change what she's doing.

When you go to a new stylist, will you tell him/her what you want or rely on their mind-reading skills?

I really hope I've misunderstood the problem.

kc03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kc03 Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 10:54pm
post #4 of 6

I have been a hairdresser for 25 years...if you have already discussed with her that you are not getting what you want and nothing is changing, then move on. But if you havent said anything then she doesnt know you are unhappy. If she cares about her clients she wants you to tell her. I would rather someone say something to me so I can fix it. If you do move on then Dont feel guilty. You are not betraying her. It stings a little at first but it is part of the business. You are paying for a service and should feel beautiful when it is all said and done.

tryingcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tryingcake Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 11:06pm
post #5 of 6

People who avoid confrontations are usually end up very unhappy for a long time instead of just dealing with it.

If this is because you have not told her what you want to begin with, or even if you did, if you want to avoid a confrontation, just walk in and happily tell her you want to try something new.. then show her.

I agree... she can't read your mind.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 4:03am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for all the advice! I think I will talk to her...I guess I wasn't being clear enough in my instructions to her...and you're right she can't read my mind icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%