What Do I Do?

Decorating By mindywith3boys Updated 26 Feb 2011 , 5:39am by cheatize

mindywith3boys Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 10:52pm
post #1 of 2

Okay, so I had to make a wedding cake as a prop that looked like it had been in an accident on the way to the reception. The problem is, it snowed 6 inches this morning and school was canceled. So, they can't do their show tonight. They are going to reschedule until next Friday. I already stacked the bottom two tiers. I put a bead of black around the two cakes. They are off set to make it look as if they slid in the accident. I smeared the black bead to make it look like the cake had been in the center. So, do I just refrigerate it stacked? Or, should I take it apart and try to box and wrap each piece? Or, should I freeze it for a few days. And, if so, how long should I let it thaw. Will the icing survive the thaw? It's buttercream made with indydebbies recipe.

The audience will eat the cake after the show.
TIA! ~Mindy

1 reply
cheatize Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 5:39am
post #2 of 2

Freeze it. Keep it covered as it's thawing. If the color bleeds anyway, it should just add to the effect. Remember: it's on stage. The audience is not going to see it close up until they are eating it so color bleeding really shouldn't be a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%