Haalp! Realistic Tree

Decorating By batterbliss Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 7:33pm by Chala86

batterbliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
batterbliss Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all I need help making a realistic looking tree like the one seen here. Any Suggestions would really help....TIA!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cakemadam/4336459166/in/faves-22892154@N02/

Glennie

7 replies
Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:07pm
post #2 of 8

You could use rice krispie treats to create the trunk of the tree and cover with modeling chocolate. Then for the branches I would use a heavy gauged wire and cover in chocolate.

And I hope that someone has a better idea, cause as I type, not sure that the wire will hold....hmmmmm... Sorry!

Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 8

How big did you need it to be. I found a brill tutorial here

http://artisancakecompany.com/2009/10/how-to-make-edible-trees/

but, they may be too small for you.

batterbliss Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks T,

I did the base in RKT and covering it in Fondant.. and I am trying to make the branches out of RKT as well and us either a wire or tooth pick to fit them in the tree.. icon_sad.gif

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamglennie

Thanks T,

I did the base in RKT and covering it in Fondant.. and I am trying to make the branches out of RKT as well and us either a wire or tooth pick to fit them in the tree.. icon_sad.gif

Sounds like to you are well on your way!!! Good Job!!

batterbliss Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:29pm
post #6 of 8

Chala,

I need it to be like 9 inches tall... close to what you see in the link i posted. Thanks!

EmilyJo9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EmilyJo9 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 8

I made a giant tree last Christmas to hold up a gingerbread house (my theme was treehouse in the woods) I molded RKT around a large wooden dowel and then covered it in modeling chocolate. The branches are RKT molded around heavy gauge wire and covered in modeling chocolate. It held up really well! You can take a look at it in my picture if you're interested... HTH

Chala86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chala86 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 7:33pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyJo9

I made a giant tree last Christmas to hold up a gingerbread house (my theme was treehouse in the woods) I molded RKT around a large wooden dowel and then covered it in modeling chocolate. The branches are RKT molded around heavy gauge wire and covered in modeling chocolate. It held up really well! You can take a look at it in my picture if you're interested... HTH

I've just seen your gingerbread house and wow.... seriously cool!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%