Those "c" Patterns On The Cake...??

Decorating By sugarfixchix Updated 13 Mar 2011 , 4:14pm by LindaF144a

sugarfixchix Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 4:51pm
post #1 of 6 do you do those? trace on wax paper with royal icing? they seem to fragile to do that..they are skinny...
trace on fondant??? hmmmm
best ideas would help....

5 replies
VentureSister Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 6

Can you post a picture of what you are talking about? Or a link to a picture? It would help clarify what you are talking about.

KoryAK Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 6

Depends on exactly what you mean, for the most part I think they would just be piped right onto the cake unless you are talking about something 3D

dessertschick Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 3:18am
post #4 of 6

If you're putting dark Coach C's onto a light colored cake, just paint them on, if you can. If you're doing light colored C's on a dark cake.... Well, here's the brutally painful and annoying way that I did it, with acceptable (but not great) results. If anyone has a better method, please share it!

1) Print out the C's at the size you want them on the cake.
2) Cut out the paper C's to make a template. Sharp, tiny scrapbook scissors were helpful.
3) Place the C template on rolled out marzipan/gum paste mix or whatever material you prefer.
4) Cut out the C's with an exacto knife, or equivalent, and attach the C's to the cake.

Good luck!
Here's the cake for which I did this:

cake_architect Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 3:37am
post #5 of 6

hello! i took this template and put it into Sure Cuts A Lot and cut it a ton of times with my cricut cake =D maybe that template would help you even if you don't have a cricut cake, you could probably use an exacto to cut it also. here's my cake (oh and i used gumpaste and yes, they were fragile! lol)

LindaF144a Posted 13 Mar 2011 , 4:14pm
post #6 of 6

I think it would help if you could either describe it in more detail or post a link to a page. Because we are seeing all sorts of "c" explained here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%