What Online Supplier Do You Use For Cake Supplies?

Business By twosweetcakes Updated 11 Mar 2011 , 2:39am by twosweetcakes

twosweetcakes Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 17

I usually buy all of my supplies at my local craft stores - AC Moore or Michael's, but I would LOVE to buy everything cheaper online (in bulk) if I can! What are some good online sites that I can purchase from? I'm mostly interested in Americolor colors, cake boxes, cake boards, etc...the basics. Any input is GREATLY appreciated...thank you!

16 replies
LindaF144a Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 17

I have not found one place that sells those things in bulk or wholesale to the general public. I'm sure there are places for the biz people, as I am finding out. By bulk do you mean wholesale or you want to buy large quantities? Because if it is the later, you can probably do that with any of them online, they just may not have a quantity discount.

But for things you can't find in your area and depending on where you live I love Global Sugar Art. But I live in the same state probably about 3ish hours away maybe? I've not looked it up. Anyway, when I order I get stuff the next day.

Great service, great guys and they are close enough that I can say I support locally - ish.

Also if you have a Hobby Lobby in your area, they sell stuff that Michaels and the others don't like Americolor colors.

MariahS Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 17

There is Country Kitchen SweetArt, I love them. You can google them, I can't figure out how to link the name to their website like the previous poster icon_smile.gif Their brick & mortar store is only an hour from me though so I don't order online, so not sure about shipping costs. They (IMO, not having a lot of options near me) seem to be fairly priced and have a lot of selection. I have also heard good things about Global Sugar Art but have never personally ordered from them.

platinumlady Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 17

I use globalsugarart.com as well. You can buy in bulk or separate pieces. They also give you bulk rate pricing. And I live in the Midwest & I receive my shipment really fast.

There is a local delivery place I use for certain types of cake containers (for sheet cakes) only because I haven't found a place online that sells the containers that the Stores & Bakeries use. The one's with the clear plastic cover & black base. (if someone know where I can get these online can you please share... thanks)

cole10 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 7:02pm
post #5 of 17

http://www.cakesuppliesdepot.com/

They are a local store (to me) and I love them!!

platinumlady Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 17

I use globalsugarart.com as well. You can buy in bulk or separate pieces. They also give you bulk rate pricing. And I live in the Midwest & I receive my shipment really fast.

There is a local delivery place I use for certain types of cake containers (for sheet cakes) only because I haven't found a place online that sells the containers that the Stores & Bakeries use. The one's with the clear plastic cover & black base. (if someone know where I can get these online can you please share... thanks)

sophie011 Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 7:15pm
post #7 of 17

I like to use Layers cake shop for decorating supplies!

weirkd Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 17

I buy about 99% of my stuff from Global. Alan and team are wonderful to work with. Always get my stuff on time and never have had a single problem with them. They always ship my stuff out the same day I order and their prices are very competitive!! I have yet to find a place that sells Satin Ice cheaper! And if they dont have it, ask them and they will carry it for you!! I love Alan!!
And then if I cant find something from him and need it asap I will order from Countrykitchensa.com or Creative Cutters.

weirkd Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 7:42pm
post #9 of 17

I buy about 99% of my stuff from Global. Alan and team are wonderful to work with. Always get my stuff on time and never have had a single problem with them. They always ship my stuff out the same day I order and their prices are very competitive!! I have yet to find a place that sells Satin Ice cheaper! And if they dont have it, ask them and they will carry it for you!! I love Alan!!
And then if I cant find something from him and need it asap I will order from Countrykitchensa.com or Creative Cutters.

jennmskinn Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 8:06pm
post #10 of 17

I buy all my supplies at cakesupplies4U.com> they are really cheap and I get my supplies quickly and correct!

Kitagrl Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 8:17pm
post #11 of 17

I love Global Sugar Art...their shipping is super fast.

I have found if you only buy one or two things, their shipping is outrageous. However if you buy a good amount of things, including fondant, the shipping becomes very reasonable. So whenever I order from them, I try to make sure I look ahead at what I'll need, and order a lot at one time.

Locally I also use Oasis Supply, which also has an online ordering site. But they are local for me.

mom2twogrlz Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 8:26pm
post #12 of 17

I use Global Sugar Art also. Like everyone else said, they are great. I live in CA, so it take a little longer for me to get it, but that isn't their fault! Every time I have called they have been super helpful and always a pleasure to speak to. I highly recommend them, and you can't beat their price for Satin Ice.

Which reminds me, I need to make an order! icon_smile.gif

lyndim Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 8:35pm
post #13 of 17

Cakesupplies4u is good, also pisky pixie, I just discovered new one this week "Ediths creations" haven't tried it yet but they have some great molds.

Chrisl121070 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 12:44am
post #14 of 17

I buy most of my boxes and cake boards from http://www.webstaurantstore.com/bakery-supplies.html

Maria46 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:14am
post #15 of 17

Ditto on global sugar art and country kitchens. Both are super nice and great service. But also looking for best and lowest place to buy things like boards, boxes, cupcake liners, etc. Used to have a local store here called "If It's Paper" and they were very reasonable but they went out of business.

jbs_caketoppers Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 1:52am
post #16 of 17

I had a look mostof those shops and their prices and I can see why the servie is good, as more or less that is what most people are paying for, just example gum paste tool set (of icon_cool.gif in one of these shops $64 where as ebay, less than $20. So I stick to ebay fon now, until I get rich icon_biggrin.gif

twosweetcakes Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 2:39am
post #17 of 17

Thanks everyone!!! I have heard lots of positive things about Global Sugar Art and have been impressed with the prices on their website, I might try them out icon_smile.gif I just ordered some Americolor from US Cake Supply and got it for a good price with free shipping, so I was very pleased with that!!!!! And it will be here on Saturday (just ordered it on Monday).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%