Fondant Trouble

Decorating By Cmaysa Updated 25 Feb 2011 , 1:57pm by Cmaysa

Cmaysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cmaysa Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 11:01am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone. I uded to make my own fodant but now cause it saves me a lot of time i started buying the one ready to use. when i make the cake everything is fine, but the next day.. the fondant its all sticky like if its melting! and i'm not putting the cake in the fridge or anything like that. Now i have a cake to deliver in two hours and it looks horrible! i'm trying to rub corn starch on the cake to dry it! grrr Have this happened to anyone?? What can i do to fix this! icon_cry.gif

4 replies
grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 11:28am
post #2 of 5

I used the box stuff to make a fondant bow one time and after I sealed it in a box the bow drooped and layed down flat, come to think of it the fondant did get a little sticky too. I make my own now.

susiekoos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susiekoos Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 11:42am
post #3 of 5

What brand of fondant are you using ? I have never heard of fondant drooping and getting softer. Do you put a layer of butter cream underneath ?
I'm so sorry your having troubles . Good Luck ....

Cmaysa Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 11:53am
post #4 of 5

The brand is a portuguese brand, so you probably never heard of it. Yes i do put a buttercream layer. When i used my own fodant it stay nice and dry. I think i'm gonna incorpore a lot of cornstarch next time to see if it stays dry!

Cmaysa Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 5

Well ...had to get take all the fondant and start again with new fondant! what a mess! But it's finish and it looks ok. Hope she likes it! Its a xylophone dog, her son favorite toy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%