"water" Pouring From A Watering Can....

Decorating By yummy_in_my_tummy Updated 26 Feb 2011 , 9:41pm by Darthburn

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 5:06am
post #1 of 6

Hi Everyone!

I am entering my first cake contest in April (yay for me!) and the theme is Spring Flower Garden. On the top of the cake, I want to add a watering can that looks like it's pouring water on the flowers that are on the cake. Similar to those beer can cakes, pouring beer into a mug.

I will probably have a clear plastic dowel running thru the entire cake, and I'll put the spout part of the watering can on top of the dowel, so the can is sitting at an angle. But now the challenge is, hiding that plastic dowel.

Any ideas on how to make "water" pour out of the watering can to hide the dowel? I was thinking fishing line with royal icing water drops?

Any ideas or suggestions??

Thanks! icon_smile.gif
Jen

5 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 6

For my Aquarius cake, I wrapped flexible copper tubing in plastic wrap. I covered the tube with blue fondant, then applied the buttercream.
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1572523

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 6

You can using isomalt sugar to create the pouring water effect.

HTH

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 3:04pm
post #4 of 6

Here Ya go, Hon....... LOTS of pictures, and most all our CC friends will give you instructions.......

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&meta=search&type=full&search=pouring+water&album=-&search_user=

yummy_in_my_tummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy_in_my_tummy Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 8:49pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks! I think I'm going to do a trial run and try a couple of your ideas!

Darthburn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Darthburn Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 9:41pm
post #6 of 6

Go extreme.... hook up a small fountain pump and run a hose up into the watering can. Then make a bowl for the water to collect in and stick the pump in it.

oh yeah!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%