Packaging Individual Cupcakes

Baking By JRAE33 Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 1:00am by teriwiley5

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 3:29am
post #1 of 6

My sons class is having a cupcake walk for their school carnival. I need a cute, yet cheap, way of packaging individual cupcakes. Any ideas?!?!?! Thank you

5 replies
Bubbl3h3ad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bubbl3h3ad Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 3:47am
post #2 of 6

One time I got some Sundae cups from McDonald's and turned them upside down to put the single cupcakes in. they were the perfect size. you could tie ribbons around it or whatever I guess.

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 6:29am
post #3 of 6

Sam's club supposedly sells disposable plastic drink cups and lids (sold separately) that work for this. If I remember correctly, the cup size is 9 oz. You place the cupcake on the lid and then install the cup onto the lid, so you are using the cup upside down. I haven't personally tried this as I cannot find the lids at my Sam's club (hence the supposedly) but I read about it on here and it sounds nifty.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 12:35am
post #4 of 6

Thank you. We do have a McDonald's in our small town..I could try that and then they can still see the cupcake.

I don't go to Sams club...but I'll keep it in mind if I can't get the sundae cups.

Thanks again. I didn't realize I had gotten any responses.

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 12:53am
post #5 of 6

I plop them in the 9 oz. cups, then put the cup in a cellophane bag. I staple them shut with curled ribbons in colors appropriate to the occasion. I do it this way because the upside down thing sometimes smashes the icing swirls....and they can also pop open!

teriwiley5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teriwiley5 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 1:00am
post #6 of 6

I save all my plastic Reynolds cupcake containers. Set the cupcake on the lid and use the container as the top. They're quite handy for single cupcakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%