Americolor Blues

Decorating By shebaben Updated 26 Feb 2011 , 8:08pm by shaibaer

shebaben Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 2:03am
post #1 of 8

Which of the two Americolor blues - Navy and Royal - will give the truesst bright blue like the blue field on the American flag?? Does another color need to be mixed with it? Thanks - I'm really struggling with this! PAT

7 replies
joycesdaughter111 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 2:07am
post #2 of 8

My guess would be the navy blue. Just keep adding color until it's as deep as you want it.

TexasSugar Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 8

I'd say royal. It is the brighter of the blues. I used the Navy blue on my FFA cake in my photos. It is a pretty blue, but deeper/darker in color.

Herekittykitty Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 3:29pm
post #4 of 8

Royal. If it gets too bright maybe add a touch of the Navy but the blue on the flag is fairly bright.

sheilabelle Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 10:50pm
post #5 of 8

I also vote for the royal. Navy gives you a darker, deeper blue

chantalmin Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 11:37pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebaben

Which of the two Americolor blues - Navy and Royal - will give the truesst bright blue like the blue field on the American flag?? Does another color need to be mixed with it? Thanks - I'm really struggling with this! PAT

I think its the navy blue too.
Make it as darker as you want but for me I like the navy blue.

bar stools

nicoles0419 Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 8

i say start with royal, if you need it darker add a touch of navy

shaibaer Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 8:08pm
post #8 of 8

Actually the blue on the flag is neither Royal nor Navy.... it is Old Glory Blue (which is closer to navy than royal). As a Graphic Designer and a Military spouse, it bugs me when people use Royal blue on flag art, lol

"Standard Color Cards of America" (maintained by the Color Association of the United States, Inc.)

Cable No. 70180 Old Glory Red, Cable No. 70001 White, Cable No. 70075 Old Glory Blue

For Pantone colors the red is generally considered the same as Pantone 193, and the blue as Pantone 281.

Old Glory Blue

Royal Blue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%