Maryland Bake Sale/craft Show

Business By agconner Updated 28 Feb 2011 , 10:30pm by scp1127

agconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agconner Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 11

I was woundering if anyone knew what the rules where when it comes to a bake sale/craft show. I'm sure it verys from state to state, I'm in MD. Can anyone sell or do you have to be a legal business to sell there? Any info would be great. Thanks.

10 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 11

Check out the Department of Agriculture's site. It varies depending on the county your in. But it stated that if its non-perishable, farm, labeled that you can do fairs, etc. But check it out and read the whole thing.

agconner Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 10:19pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you

agconner Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 11

I have been all over the department of agriculturals website and I can't seem to find where the information is located. I ened search calvert county to see if I could get the info to come up but nothing. Could you tell me under what you found that information at. Thanks again.

agconner Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 9:29pm
post #5 of 11

Anyone know where I can find this information or know what the rules are for Calvert County MD?
Thanks

smallville187 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smallville187 Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 10:01pm
post #6 of 11

I don't know if this helps but as far as I could tell only frederick county had strict regulations based on bake sales. I would assume that this holds true for craft fairs as well it lists every county

http://www.mda.state.md.us/pdf/cohealthregs.pdf

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 10:34pm
post #7 of 11

Here is a site that has a lot of information that your looking for. If you want specific information, you have to become a member. http://homebasedbaking.com/rules-regulations
Im still looking for the page that I had all the information on, but when I find it, I will post it.

agconner Posted 27 Feb 2011 , 5:13pm
post #8 of 11

On the first link it says that you can sell baked goods but you need a food service permit and a county vendors permit, my question is do I need do get those or would the place holding the baked sale get those? But that link also says it is for farmers markets and say nothing about bake sales. IDK maybe I will call the health department again and see if anyone has any idea what I am talking about this time.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 9:53am
post #9 of 11

I am in MD. Call the state hd in Annapolis. They will direct you from there.

agconner Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 5:49pm
post #10 of 11

I just called the health department and they should be calling me back with information....Fingers Crossed.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:30pm
post #11 of 11

I hope things work out for you. The HD's in MD are so informative and helpful on the state and local level.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%