Peanut Butter Frosting?

Baking By cowboy61s_girl Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 9:58pm by kimmerly1966

cowboy61s_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowboy61s_girl Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 8

I read somewhere on here about a peanut butter frosting and I have a request for chocolate cupcakes with a peanut butter frosting or filling If any one has a good recipe for either I would be so grateful Thank You

7 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ambar2 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 6:23pm
post #3 of 8

22 tbs salted butter, softened (about 3 sticks)
2/3 c. Crisco shortening
5-8 tbs heavy cream/light cream/half and half/whole milk (although you may need more after adding the peanut butter)
2 tsp clear vanilla
2 lbs powdered sugar (about 8 cups)
1-1/4 c. cream peanut butter

1-3 tbs corn syrup (optional, just adds some elasticity, you can also just use cream)

Cream together butter and shortening until smooth. Slowly add 2 tsp. vanilla and 5 tbs. heavy cream. Gradually add the powdered sugar and scrape down the bowl very well once its all added. Slowly add more cream and corn syrup a tbs at a time until frosting reaches desired consistency. Once the frosting is the consistency you want, add the peanut butter. Its really about preference, I added at least 1 1/4 c. but I LOVE peanut butter

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 6:38pm
post #4 of 8

I make it using smbc and add the amt. of p-nut butter you like. then i chop up reeses p-nut butter cups fine and add that in for my filling. It is really good. leave out the chopped up candy for icing the cup cake or cake. hth

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 8

I think the Peanut Butter Dream frosting in the recipe section of cc is very good. My husband really liked it and he loves peanut butter.

Maria925 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maria925 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 6:44pm
post #6 of 8

I 2nd the Peanut Butter Dream frosting on here! It's awesome! I do add an extra tablespoon of PB and a little more cream to balance the addition. It is delicious on chocolate cake!

cowboy61s_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowboy61s_girl Posted 26 Feb 2011 , 9:49pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you everyone I tried the peanut butter dream. Wow that is good!

kimmerly1966 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmerly1966 Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 9:58pm
post #8 of 8

I 3rd the peanut butter dream.......i have requests for it ALL the time People LOVE LVOE LOVE IT!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%