Oreo Cake...

Baking By jenscreativity Updated 14 Mar 2011 , 1:55pm by scp1127

jenscreativity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenscreativity Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 20

I"m looking for a top-of-the-notch oreo cookie cake recipe please? I looked in forum but not seeing anyone on this topic of oreo cake. ANyone know a good one? I have one,,but it's not good enough..icon_sad.gif

Thanks!
Jenifer

19 replies
jenscreativity Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 7:47pm
post #2 of 20

anyone?? Know of one? Please??

Thanks!

NanaSandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NanaSandy Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 20

I don't have a recipe for you, but I will be watching this topic! I saw somebody posted on another site this link for searching for recipes. You might want to give it a try?
http://foodblogsearch.com/

justkist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justkist Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 7:54pm
post #4 of 20

I dont know an oreo CAKE recipe (and would love one if someone else does but have a great whipped oreo cookies and cream filling recipe if you would be interested in that. its at home but if you would like I can share.

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 8:03pm
post #5 of 20

Do you mean like this one?

Beat together till smooth

2 layer white cake mix
1/2 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
1 cup water

Gently stir in

1 cup coarsly chopped oreo cookies.

My recipe calls for a 12 cup bundt pan and baking at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

But I've baked it two 8 inch or two nine inch rounds.

I've also used all kinds of cookies in place of the Oreos. My favorite is with maple cookies.

jenscreativity Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 8:19pm
post #6 of 20

yes thank you cakeyouverymuch..I will give this one a try..can you honestly say this is good then? I hope so!

Justkis, thank you, but wanted the actual cake, not creamed..apprecite your thoughts!

Jenifer

justkist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justkist Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 8:30pm
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenscreativity

yes thank you cakeyouverymuch..I will give this one a try..can you honestly say this is good then? I hope so!

Justkis, thank you, but wanted the actual cake, not creamed..apprecite your thoughts!

Jenifer

no worries. I am looking forward to trying this recipe too!

cakeyouverymuch Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 10:47pm
post #8 of 20

Please let me know how it turns out for you.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 11:42pm
post #10 of 20

not sure if this will help but iv just made some oreo cupcakes. maybe you could adapt it into a larger cake? they tasted incredible! i made my normal vanilla pod batter and placed an oreo into the center of the batter then baked. frosting was vanilla pod with crushed oreos in.

jenscreativity Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 11:50pm
post #11 of 20

katies_cakes: Can you give me the exact recipe you used? I really could use it as I'm going to test several ones and I want to make sure it comes out good.

Thanks so much!

Jenifer

momto2pottsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momto2pottsy Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 11:52pm
post #12 of 20

Justkist- would you be willing to share that oreo filling please? I've been looking for a good cookies and cream filling! Thanks! I would really appreciate it!

katies_cakes Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 12:39am
post #13 of 20

Sure, i made a small batch so:
cream 4oz butter and 4oz caster sugar together.
then beat in 4oz self raising flour, 2 eggs and 1/4 pod of vanilla pod seeds untill light and airy.
place a teaspon of mix into the bottom of a cupcake liner. place an oreo ontop and gently press in (not to the bottom!) place another teaspoon of batter ontop and bake at 180 for 15mins. obviously if making a large cakd ajust the quantities/baking time.
for the b.c. i used 4oz of a good rich butter and 8oz powdered sugar. beat untill smooth and airy. add 1/4 of a vanilla pods seeds and a large handfull of well crushed oreos and fold gently. add a splash of milk if its too thick.

have just uploaded photos of my oreo overload cupcakes too, so please take a look.
HTH

jenscreativity Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 1:09am
post #14 of 20

YUMMY Katies_cakes!! Great pic! I am going to try but one more question..i am going to make a cake,,NOT cupcakes..so how would you place the oreos in this to make it great..See I have added crushed oreos to my other recipe and my hubby said it tasted like choc chips..so to me, that is NOT oreo taste. So, maybe perhaps,,add BIG chunks of oreos in my batter then? Not sure..

Thanks for posting this..yummy and can't wait to try also.

cakeyouverymuch Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 1:18am
post #15 of 20

jenscreativity

I usually just cut the cookies in four and try to be gentlewhen I stir them into the batter. If you crush them and mix them in too much they wind up as crumbs instadof cookie chunks.

jenscreativity Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 3:11am
post #16 of 20

ok great..I will do just that then and hope to get a more of an oreo taste.

Thanks so much!

katies_cakes Posted 25 Feb 2011 , 10:12am
post #17 of 20

Iv not tried it in a large cake yet but i would make the batter and cover the bottom of the cake tin with a thick layer of batter, then place the whole oreos ontop all over (so you have a layer of them) then cover them with more batter. be carful to ensure they are compleatly covered and not touching the sides. bake as normal, torte and fill with the crumb filled b.c. and when you cut the cake there should be a layer of baked oreos in the center!! hope that helps, please let me know how you get on! x

jenscreativity Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 4:48am
post #18 of 20

I made the WASC recipe and add the whole cookie in it, and it tasted much more like oreo cake..vs choc. chips. I also added some icing with crushed oreos in it as a filling between layers and then iced down with b/c only on the outside. This was a much better alternative to just having that choc. chip taste OR too crushed oreos. So bigger chuncks or oreos or WHOLE oreos work best! YAY! Thanks to all for your advices..I feel better about this now.

karabeal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karabeal Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 5:25am
post #19 of 20

It's awesome that you reported back on your results. I'm glad you found a great solution. Thanks a lot for sharing!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 1:55pm
post #20 of 20

katies_cakes, love the chocolate chip cupcake too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%